GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Stomp mode lets you turn individual effects on and off with the footswitches, and control their parameters independently.

It’s been a year and a half to two years since I owned one of these, but what I used to do (and how I learned a lot about pedals) was to take an empty preset slot and put the pedals and amps into it that I wanted to play with, then treat them like a little pedalboard in stomp mode. It’s where these things really shine; they have tons of effects that all are pretty good, it’s just the preset patches that are a mixed bag.

4 Likes

just unboxed the speakers…what an amazing sound

10 Likes

not exactly a bass gear but I needed a “serious” bluetooth speaker and I bought a Fender Monterey. this thing is really great for what it is.

12 Likes

Looks cool. I like the Marshall one too

3 Likes

Neat!

4 Likes

I didn’t have the opportunity to compare the Fender vs the Marshall ones but the reviews say the Fender have a better quality/price ratio. don’t know really, the only thing I can say is that the Fender Monterey is by far the best bluetooth speaker I tried.

I also have a very small battery powered JBL bluetooth speaker. an excellent device but it does not really compare to the Fender.

4 Likes

I think this might explain it all? A shift in Zoom’s perceived customers from hobbyist players to semi-pro giggers. You’re exactly right that this looks like an offering from the Helix or Boss lines - both mostly intended for pretty serious players.

Best case scenario - The B6 sells poorly and Zoom realizes they designed out their core customers - hobbyist’s on a budget. So next generation/product is an upgraded B3n/B1Four that keeps the budget friendly price point.

Worst case scenario - The B6 sells poorly and Zoom somehow thinks the bass effects market isn’t profitable and bails on bass multi-effects units entirely.

2 Likes

I got this for $179 from the stupid deal on musicians friends. Guitar center offer the same thing. It comes around once every 2 weeks or so.

Very loud and looks pretty cool. I have both Marshall’s both are very nice, I use one for the Xbox rocksmith

Mini Superbeetle Audio Bluetooth Speaker: Musician's Friend

4 Likes

@terb this looks great as a present for my music mad brother. Does it sound ok in a smallish sized room say 15 feet x 15 feet?

Thanks.

2 Likes

that’s more or less the size of the room I have the speaker in. sounds good to me even if the 3D render is not incredible because of the one-direction sound source.

5 Likes

That’s a great observation. All the credit to Zoom, they know how to do it right no doubt. Stepping in to the high end market will take some creative marketing and excellent products.

Zoom has both the know how and deep pockets. I hope they make it I like their user interface is a happy medium between hands only boss and apps heavy Line6.

6 Likes

Ok so it’s so it has arrived. It’s been a crazy week acquiring for sure. We found a 4-5 week old kitten I didn’t want it to die so we got it some milk( holycrap, cat milk is more expensive than human milk), and feed him/ her, I don’t know what it is.

My son was borne on Wednesday healthy almost 10lbs baby 20” I didn’t realize how big til I saw him. Wow!
Ran around all over to get things done and finally have a little pocket of time to myself to hang with y’all,lol.

The knobs are finally here.

16 Likes

Sweet. Is it a Jaguar?

3 Likes

Yep. Short scale with tapewound

7 Likes

Do you have a link for those things? Thanks

4 Likes

Congrats on your son!

7 Likes

Yep here you go. The seller is really cool. Check the size they are not the standard split shaft but he also sell the adapter sleeves.

3 Likes

Thanks @howard

5 Likes

@Al1885 thank you

3 Likes

It’s my absolute pleasure to help you spend your money like it’s mine, lol.

5 Likes