GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Something is wrong with that picture. I can see at least 3 empty slots.

6 Likes

Nah, only 2, and I DO intend to fill them…btw the mandolin will go on the wall next to that door

5 Likes

I grabbed my first set of Shaller strap locks for my Lakland 5’er.
Security aside, I can tell you very quickly why I wish I bought these from the start for all basses…
The Dunlop’s are a PITA to put on thick straps. I’ve even had to cut away material to get them on sometimes. The threaded post/disc of the Schaller’s is reason enough to never buy Dunlop’s again. Just turn and lock. Easy.

5 Likes

The one thing I did forget to mention…they have basically every pedal in production o. The floor to play test. The display was insane and a huge wall just for bass only pedals. That said, I’m entirely happy with the ones I have and didn’t play with a single one.

2 Likes

Nice! They are by far the best IMO. Love Schaller.

I especially like how they are designed so that even if the lock mechanism fails it will still hold up the bass. That’s just good engineering.

5 Likes

Ok I’m on a roll with 5 strings. Traded my Steve Harris with this Sterling 5. Wow this pickup is quite aggressive. A black on valve to my white on white classic stingray and a match to my Cutlass. I have 4 Sterlings but this is my first 5 strings. So far so good.

16 Likes

@Al1885, I think you mentioned something about it in the past, but is this your music store, or your music room?

3 Likes

Ha ha, it’s not a store. It’s my kids play room. Many times I have to catch myself before saying “my playroom” and not kids play room the gigs is up. This is how the scam started with my wife. Just one bass.

11 Likes

It’s been the week of music man. We’ll sterling included. Ray34 natural with roasted maple neck with dark inlays.

The red sterling sub has Toby’s name on it, lol.

12 Likes

Oooh. I can’t wait to see who’s name you put on each of the other basses from our forum @Al1885, what thoughtful holiday gifts. :rofl:

6 Likes

Ha ha Toby an I are doing Christmas exchange, I give him the bass and in turn he gives me an envelope, lol.

5 Likes

Haha @Al1885 I have that natural’s twin. I wasn’t shopping for a bass (famous last words) but was actually test driving some bedroom amps at GC. Took “Woody” off the retail wall to use. Didn’t buy a bedroom amp. Did buy Woody lol.

3 Likes

here is my last GAS attack. a DemonFx D7K Ultra, which is obviously a clone of the Darkglass B7K Ultra :

10 Likes

Oh man, that’s bordering on counterfeit! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

not very far, indeed. almost-counterfeit things are a standard in the musical industry.

4 Likes

Oh sweet. Nice find :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can give you a whole box of envelopes… :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Well, I did a thing. I just ordered a Boss GT-1B processor, the power supply and the little carrying bag from Sweetwater. Should be here by the 21st. I am excited as I think it may be a step above my older Zoom unit. Here is the one I bought!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GT1B--boss-gt-1b-bass-multi-effects-processor

9 Likes

@terb Weren’t you building a Microtubes Vintage preamp at one time?

1 Like

I have one too @EddieJones. Bought it on eBay but I haven’t had a chance to use it yet.

2 Likes