GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Just sold the last of my guitar pedals. Going to try and get everything I need for Bass and Guitar out of just the HX Stomp I ordered today. The tone rabbit hole deepens :grinning:

16 Likes

Nice!

4 Likes

You found a white one, nice!

I’ve been keeping my eyes open of a deal on a HX Stomp or Stomp XL but I’m not optimistic.

4 Likes

The white one looks super cool

4 Likes

This was my IndyFab 29er Single Speed.

4 Likes

Love the Jeff Jones handlebar. I had my space frame steel for a few years before I shipped it to my brother in Asia. It’s twice the value there.

Wait, Jones any relation to Jeff?

1 Like

No, just another one of the millions of Jones’ out there. Not many people would have recognized the Jeff Jones H-Bar. That bike was an absolute work of rolling art. Chris King Hubs, DT Swiss wheels, Thompson seatpost Chris King headset, Truvativ crank etc…That thing cost as much as some cars at the time. Oh, and the Hayes brakes, at the time were the best on the market. When my wife got sick I had to sell all of my toys for pennies on the dollar in order to pay medical bills and get home medical equipment. I sold a Titus Mot-Lite, Specialized Enduro and a Surly CrossCheck I had set up for touring with Ortlieb panniers and Nitto Campee front and rear racks. I rode the Surly on a 220 mile trip on the Chief Ladiga Bike Path. 110 miles each direction. Took all my accommodations onboard the Surly, slept on the trail and took 4 days to ride…Weaver Alabama to Smyrna Georgia. Good times! Some guy in Germany bought my IndyFab. I hope he loved it as much as I did.

2 Likes

please stop posting pictures of bikes … my GAS about this is very fragile.

7 Likes

Oh man. My space frame has the Truvative hammerschmidt, with Industrynine it was supposed to be a 2 speed but in the end I put a rolhoff (took it out Frm my Newsboys reissued)hub on and call it a day.

Sorry @terb fortunately, all my pictures are in the cloud somewhere so you got lucky, lol.

Edit: my brother got me this for my last birthday. Secretly, I thought it was a run of the mill folding ebike. Just found out this year that it was made in Italy and it was 3k plus accessories and it took 3 months to arrive. Yikes! The bike has 9 miles on it. I wish I could trade that in for a Dingwall, lol.

4 Likes

This forum excels at the off topic converation. Just sayin’.

I am done with my Black Friday purchases, which would have been done Wednesday if I could have got hold of my sales rep.

Now I’m about set. What are some decent headphones that won’t break the bank?

7 Likes

The C4 is the bomb. Loads of fun!!!

2 Likes

Well, if you want cheap but serviceable, you can’t go wrong with the One Odio:

4 Likes

I think that is not that important. What really counts, in my opinion, is to be grateful for what we have instead of lusting after the things we don´t have (or can’t have…) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Headphones are a very personal thing, but maybe you should have a look at Sennheisers. I have the HD 595 and I am very pleased. I can wear them comfortably for an hour without feeling any discomfort. For me that is almost equally important as sound quality.

2 Likes

I have these and am very happy with them.
https://smile.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50xWH-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLURL8/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=audio+technica+headphones+white&qid=1637974892&sr=8-5

3 Likes

I used to get pretty uncomfortable wearing closed headphones. So I ponied up and bought a pair of Sennheiser open back ones. I wear them for 2-4 hours every night with no discomfort and cool ears. Expensive, but they’re discontinued so you might find a deal? However because they’re open backed you can’t wear them in a shared room.

2 Likes

I share my room with a dog and a cat. They put up with my music, probably because the dog is mostly deaf at his age :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Regarding headphones, I would always recommend to try them, before buying. Not only can the sound be very different even by different models by the same manufacturer, they also have to feel comfortable. For me, if the pressure of the ear-pieces is too high or if something inside feels hard and presses against my ears, it can lead to serious discomfort or even headaches after a while.

I also stay away from headphones that sound to bass-heavy or too “boomy”. This might sound exciting first, but can get very annoying and tiring quickly, at least for me. This is why I don´t like Dr Beats or similar “flashy” sounding headphones. But every one is different.

2 Likes

Some good recommendations above. I’d add one for Beyerdynamics DT990 Pros.

Best advice yet.

3 Likes

+1 to this. The Beyerdynamics DT770 and DT880 are also really good. The DT770 is the cheapest and most popular one. Audio Technica M50 is a very solid choice too, had them for over 10 years before I replaced them with Beyerdynamics. The AT are a bit more sturdy imo.

2 Likes