GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

confused

I don’t… even know… what those words… mean.

7 Likes

Also, the adapters came in:

5 Likes

I don’t have them at the same time can you post pictures side by side please. Is the pickup position same in both. I know the USA model the HH the bridge pickup is lower and closer to the bridge than the H model. There’s more zing on the HH model bridge only. Thanks

3 Likes

It’s Latin or Sanskrit phrase I think. Not sure exactly what it means. May be he said they are like children and hold on to both, lol.

5 Likes

Yup! The real only differences between the MiA Deluxe and the MiM Deluxe are the neck and tuners. I think everything else is the same.

4 Likes

Aren’t the pickups different? MIM and MIA generally have different pickups, MIM ones being sourced offshore, at least Fender generally does that

4 Likes

How so?
And if you liked your MIM Dimension so much that you sold Carvin’s and other basses to keep it, does the MIA sound better, or different.
Do you like the MIA bass as much or better?
Do you think you will end up playing the MIA and shelving the MIM after a while? Do you already shelve the MIM Jazz bass?
Those are questions to help you decide which to keep I suppose.

How so? You could contact the seller and say, WTF, this is not MINT, I paid for MINT, how about you refund 10% 0r more depending on how far below Mint it is on a percentage scale. They could tell you to suck it, and you can also, honestly give feedback that this seller does not class things MINT correctly, in a dickish or non dickish way, up to you.

I tried all the standard code keys, and looked through many upon many translation text books, and repeatedly ran it through search engines online, and come up with nothing.

I think its made up for only the author to decode.

4 Likes

that was my understanding. How different they actually are in terms of tone sound, I don’t know. I’ve only played (and nearly bought) one MIM Strat and it sounded like a Strat to me. I kinda wish I’d bought that guitar, it was $500 and on sale for $350 lol but I got buyer’s remorse. It was such a translucent white it looked pink. Somehow I doubt I will ever find one again. I hope someone is making great music with it.

1 Like

Using Fender’s self-service serial number lookup, I am reviewing the run-down on each of the models. The MiM says this:

Middle Pickup
Dimension™ Humbucking

And the MiA says this:

Bridge Pickup
Dimension™ Humbucking

The only difference I can see is that on the MiM they call it the “middle” pickup, and on the MiA they call it the “bridge” pickup. shrug

The big differences are nut material (synthetic bone/bone), fingerboard radius (9.5"/9.5" to 14"), neck finish (satin urethane/hand-rubbed oil with gloss urethane headstock face), neck shape (“C”/asymmetrical “C”), truss rod (standard/posiflex graphite), and tuners (standard open-gear/“F” light-weight vintage paddle keys with tapered shafts).

It is more mellow, whereas the MiM is a bit more… not mellow? Harsh? This could be because the action and pickup height are different, resulting in a bigger pickup to string gap on the MiA than on the MiM. I’ll see what’s up once I get the action, truss rod, and pickup set properly.

So far, better. I had to cut the treble almost completely out on the MiM to get the sound I wanted, I haven’t had to do that on the MiA. But again, see the above comment. :slight_smile:

Yes.

Shelve? No. But the MiM has been my “main” bass, no question.

I’m not that worried about it. It’s come super clean. And I just finished hitting it with some Meguiars Scratch-X, and it’s really beautiful. I’m decidedly NOT unhappy with its condition, it just required some TLC.

Which, I mean… monotone voice oh no, I have to spend time with my bass and give it some TLC, whatever will I do.

:smiley:

4 Likes

Fuck.

2 Likes

As you mention pickup height for sure potentially but….
Same strings?

1 Like

Lol some guy try to trade a pound of hash for my bass. Sadly that’s not the first time.

6 Likes

:exploding_head:

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ll just leave this here for the Stream fans…

5 Likes

Like I need another bass…

4 Likes

You always need a new bass. How else would you know what you are missing out on in life.

4 Likes

I ordered this used (like-new) ESP LTD D-4 last week from a GC store up north and picked it up today at our local GC store here in TX. A nice step up from my starter bass (Yamaha BB234).

17 Likes

Very cool @PinkFloyd

5 Likes

That looks great

6 Likes