GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

I would like to hear that if you can put up a recording. Sounds great with guitar.

5 Likes

This is definitely a Dave trap. Get lost in trippy sounds. Yes, please.

5 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Inspired by this, I’ve created a quick patch in my HX Stomp with massive multiple reverbs, chorus echo, and delay. I’m currently noodling away in G minor. I may be some time :mushroom:

4 Likes

Nice. I used to love the Boss RV-3 I had for the combined Delay/Reverb modes; this sounds like it would be that in a loop.

2 Likes

I noodles for two hours last night. So fun.
Half of it low, ominous, industrial, the other half er ethereal, airy, garden pixie. Throwing my OC-5 on in front of it made a giant wall of sounds for which I wasn’t drunk enough to fully enjoy.

6 Likes

From the few different inexpensive basses I have had the only one I regret having sold is the Squire 50’s. I’m considering trading in my G&L for a classic P-Bass because it simply is my favorite tone but if I still had that bass… even if it is not the same as the split-coil but very similar.

5 Likes

Correct :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Love Duck Dunn. Always solid as the day is long. RIP, man.

4 Likes

I’ve got a Squier classic 60s p and I really like it. It’s light, the neck is very playable, a really solid instrument.

I did a few changes, put in a Wilkinson bridge, switchcraft socket, audio taper pots, and a Dimarzio Relentless pickup. Except for the pup everything was in inexpensive. It’s everything a P should be.

6 Likes

Yeah, but yours has a P pickup :slight_smile:

The 50’s doesn’t, which is what made it interesting for @franx.

The 70’s Classic Vibe P looks really good for a Squier too. I’ve heard reviews put it as better than the MIM Fender.

43mm nut, slim C, bound maple neck, AlNiCo pup, looks nice.

8 Likes

I’d like a 50s P from Squier and put in a Fralin split 50s pickup.

If I ever see a Squier 50s P on sale that’s my plan

My 60s P is as good quality as a Player, better with >$80 in mods not including the pickup. Only thing I didn’t like was a glossy neck and 3M fixed that

6 Likes

Well the difference in price between a high end Squier and MIM is pretty close these days.

7 Likes

It really is close, but I got mine on sale under $300 new. It’s a limited GC edition, and if you’re patient you can get deals on them. Even their Limited edition Player models

4 Likes

Just when I thought I was starting to understand what the knobs on various effect pedals mean, someone releases one with knobs that say “time”, “mod”, “regen” (which means “rain” in Dutch, by the way, but probably something else in this context), and, of course, the greatest and most mysterious of all: “X” :rofl: Back to square one!

8 Likes

This one is your fault @Barney

Guy died and never opened this. Wife sold a bunch of stuff to a small music store I stopped at.

Can’t beat (pun intended) the price…

9 Likes

Anybody have $133,000 burning a hole in their pocket?

3 Likes

I could sell my house to buy a bass. Seems fair

4 Likes

@John_E lol I think you’ll like it. It’s always on for me when I’m working on stuff.

3 Likes

Ha! I would only pay that if a living, kicking Jaco came with it!

Love Jaco. But the price for this thing is Pure-D bullshit.

5 Likes