GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

It’s not that uncommon really. Think half of my pedals didn’t had a power adapter included.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Not a fan of that pickup at all, but really interesting history. Would prefer a standard P.

Looks fantastic though, love the Tele headstock.

The Sire is walking all over the Squier there across the board too, kind of an unfair comparison but it was the clear winner for me. Definitely YMMV but looks, tone, everything - Sire took that one for me.

3 Likes

Very easy to justify not spending the money on an included PS where they know they will mostly end up in a drawer. These are high end pedals and lie you said @Barney generally going on boards with PSs already.

5 Likes

You went with the SVT!
Interesting choice. Let us know how you like it.

5 Likes

I am so jealous

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of amp in a box pedals but there are a lot of (cheaper) ways to get that SVT sound. Most multi fx pedals have them and you could also get them from plugins. Not saying that those bassrigs aren’t worth it, but just pointing out that there a lot of options.

Did some testing and I actually found that the ones on the Helix sounded great too. The Zoom B1 Four were decent enough. Think my biggest beef with the B1 is the quality of either the amp or cab sim. Not sure if you can load your own IR’s.

6 Likes

The BassRig pedals give you a lot of tools to dial in your tone, kinda like an SVT on steroids vs. some of the other pedals.
All that said, for me, the VT Bass DI is GREAT for SVT (and B15N), but, I did opt for the black panel BassRig because of the amazing tone and dial in tools it has for the couple Bassman’s it emulates, which I was not digging in other types of emulators as much (including Fender’s own in the Studio). The HPF and LPF are great on these units for dialing in your bass and amp/cab perfectly for the emulator, etc.

One could also say you never need anything better than a Squier bass either as it gets you nearly as there as a $5000 Sadowski or vintage Fender, etc. It’s all in what you want to do with your own hobby.

Peace and love (happy belated Ringo btw).

5 Likes

They are great for sure, it wasn’t my intention to say you shouldn’t buy them. I was just pointing out some alternatives for AnotherJosh (if he was looking for a SVT sound).

Yeah for sure, you should do whatever you fancy. Just in this particular case I actually did some comparisons because I wanted to be sure if they were worth it. I kept them both, but I also want to be honest about the fact that the cheaper solutions sounded great too :grin:

Still doesn’t beat the real tube amp experience imo but they come very close!

5 Likes

Look what showed up in my mailbox today… :blush:

18 Likes

Oh wow! One of the best preamps on the market :metal:

Enjoy!

6 Likes

Awesome! I love mine.

5 Likes

They are great. It was my favorite solid state preamp on my board.

4 Likes

I’m still waiting. I hate you @AnotherJosh :joy:
Enjoy

5 Likes

If it makes you feel any better @Mac, I won’t have time to use it until tomorrow. Maybe at 6am to get my family ready for their day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Let’s see what this thing can do with bass……

10 Likes

What is it?

3 Likes

I love it and I absolutely need one. But what is it?

7 Likes

“two DSP chips, running in series and featuring their own analog feedback path”. I think this means they ran a wire from the output back to another input, but they got the word “analog” in!

7 Likes

They call it a reverse soundscape generator. Two DSP chips that are delays or reverbs that can run forward or backward and can feedback to the other so you can mess with which one in which order and if forward or reverse. I’m quite certain if you get stoned, hit a few notes and loop it you would be set for the night.

Works great with bass. Way fun tonight!

6 Likes