GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

It’s also a good excuse in my case to buy another one @itsratso :joy:

4 Likes

Exactly, I was not trying to fight you at all, Hope it did not come off in that tone, I was just showing the other side of the coin, that’s all. We can shake hands and be done with this, move on and keep learning from each other, cuz that’s a big reason I am here, and I learn from each and everybody here, they all have great input, and I value and treasure it being shared with me.

5 Likes

nah, we’re always all good.

4 Likes

Fist Bump

3 Likes

bro hug :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

So, I just came home with this little beauty.

Bout to hook her up and have some fun!!!

4 Likes

nice. always sounds a little too much for my tastes on demos, see if you can get less metal-y tones out of it too.

4 Likes

Will do, I am looking for grit and growl, but not in such a metal fashion. I will try and lay some tracks in the UNBOXING thread soon

3 Likes

I really like Erik Arkö’s videos.

4 Likes

This DAMN AMP won’t leave me alone.

A while back I posted how I played thru it at a Pawn shop when I bought my ESP LTD B-105.
At the time I played it, it was $400.
It sounded amazing, and it looks pretty cool.

I came to find out this is vintage, even tho it looks brand new, it is like late 80’s or 90’s, I don’t recall, but I read on some forums about it before and people raved about it, classic, classic, classic everything.
only bad thing I read about it at all was the weight, said it was heavy.

I have been watching it on Offer Up for a good long while.

I thought I was in trouble when they slashed the price in half, and put it to $200, but I resisted.
besides, I had a practice amp, the Orange Crush 20b, that I sold cuz it couldn’t handle the Stingray’s and distorted the E string.
So now I don’t have that little practice amp. My SWR workingman 15 is a very nice amp, great sound, but I don’t like the 15" speaker for practicing when I am sitting right next to it, I much rather have a 10", or two 10", even 4 10" speakers then the 15" when I play sitting very close to it,

it is too muddy for the most part this way.

So, now I don’t have that practice amp, and this came back on my radar today when they slashed the price to
$175
$175
$175
$175

IDK, I love it, but the thing I found out about it the might be a problem is, no headphone jack.
But I really loved the sound, and it is 10" speakers, and it is $175.

This is an old picture, way back from when they dropped it to $200 on June 12th.

Think I could walk out with it for $150?
I mean, it sounds great, super loud, super punchy, can get nasty.
Even if its not a practice practice amp, it is so cool to look at, and would be great for gigging if ever I…

damn thing, I don’t like when sellers taunt me

4 Likes

I think it would be rude to say no after all the money that’s been knocked off it :joy:

4 Likes

Love the way you think @Mac

I actually think I just got paid today also, so Hmmm.

They always say if you are not sure, sleep on it, if it is still there, and you still want it in the morning, or next week, or month, etc…
Well, I been hibernating on this one,
its still there
I still want it (except no headphones…I think, just going by pictures)
so…think I will go look at it, take my headphones and see if it has a jack.

If it does not have a jack, and after I play MY bass thru it, if I still want it, I can use the “lack of headphone jack” as a way to get the price down to $150, … maybe?

3 Likes

Definitely worth a try especially as they’ve been trying to get rid of it for so long

3 Likes

Not sure if I’m going to get them fixed or sell them… or get them fixed AND sell them. Just not sure yet. I’ll know more after I put the Ampegs to work.

4 Likes

Yes I can for sure, you can dial down the mix, and set the drive and set the level and drive to a nice driven signal and have some very subtle tones that cane be warm and rich depending on the bass and how it is dialed in.

The Factory Cab Sims are OK, some better then others, but there is very subtle difference between them.
I found a free download pack of IR’s that I loaded to the pedal, and found some amp / cab sims I really like. One is an SWR Workingman12, much like my Workingman 15, but not so muddy like my 15. I like the 12 and 10 inch speakers better then my 15, but I really like this SWR line. but the pack had about 7 good IR’s that I pretty much liked every one.

I really like this pedal. it is the first OD pedal that I have used that I could get exact sounds I was looking for right away. Most of the OD’s I have used, I can sort of get the sound, same with Fuzz pedals, and the combo of the two, but this one was not a compromise to me. I heard what I wanted, not almost what I was looking for.
Great pedal.
Worth $400 ($349 refurb on Amazon). That depends.
Have you been looking for a certain something, and not finding it in other pedals? If no, then it is not worth it.
If you have been looking, and not finding, then I would say YES! it is worth getting just what yo wanton of this type of pedal, no compromise.

2 Likes

not really GAS as this amp has been given to me for free this evening. but still one more piece of gear :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

yeah they make nice stuff. i love the hell out of the vintage, and i’m not even a hardcore OD/disto/fuzz guy.

3 Likes

Nice pickup @terb👍
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Oh yeah @terb . Now that’s a win :+1:

2 Likes

Yead for sure. I balked at spending for my Microtubes X (even used) and I’m still so glad I did. @T_dub made a good choice - choosing between the Agro and the Alpha Omega, it’s a no-brainer for me.

I mean I still kind of want an Alpha Omicron :slight_smile:

If I was going to actually get another Darkglass distortion it would be the VMT though.

3 Likes