GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Man! That must be some shitty Chardonnay!

Send it back, I say.

4 Likes

In Finland, there is a beer called Lapin Kulta (lit. Lapland Gold). My Finnish friends invariably called it Poron Kusi (Reindeer Piss). There is something to this.

Also, when Bill the Bard said “strong drink”, I’m sure he meant something more “essentional” than Chardonnay.

4 Likes

Chardonnay was the seminal and only alcohol from which this far-flung thread was born. Just sayin’…

4 Likes

He said seminal…

3 Likes

In other news… I put in an offer on this bad boy. I promised my wife I’d cull two basses in its stead.

Basically the same as my Patriot, but has two super ferrite pups in the JJ position.

8 Likes
5 Likes

Had the opportunity to noodle with this GR 212 Slim, love at first sound!! Wow, paired with my Genzler MG 800 this combo will be with me for a very long time. The cab weighs in at just under 18kg and packs an incredible punch.
Also had a play with the Aerotech 212 cab. Went over to pick it up and almost smashed myself in the face with it. 12kg!!! Not to take anything away from the carbon fibre body there was something about the plywood housing that just had that slight bit of richness to it.
No more lugging around my 410 cab.

8 Likes

not a bass, but…
One of the 4 remaining saxes I need for the collection is on it’s way from Asia back to the USA.
Conn 30M tenor in silver plate.
One of the rarest Conn saxes, we know of only 3 out there (most likely less than 20 made in silver. The 30M is a deluxe model of Conn’s 10M. Made prior to WWII, this was the top of the top of saxophone mechanics and build. Musician adjustable pad heights for intonation.
Engraving only found on this model.
Nothing ever made like it again (except it’s alto sister the 26M that I already have).

Here in a week or two, but below is a preview…

21 Likes

What I’m getting from that picture is rich dark currants, nectarine skins, gushing blackberry, but lots of fragrant tobacco, rich soil, white flowers, smashed minerals and metal. Medium-bodied and saucy.

6 Likes

So they legalized pot up by you @Barney - cool! :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

You know, John, Weed Wednesday was almost two years ago :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congratulations and welcome home!

4 Likes

More like Crack! :laughing:

3 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s just gorgeous.

7 Likes

Picked up a Behringer Uphoria UM2 as an upgrade for my iRig HD2 the other day. And then, of course, I had to upgrade my DAW as well. Tried Cakewalk, meh. Tried Reaper, much better. Was gonna wait to pay the $60 until the 90 days was up, but figured I’m gonna get it anyway, may as well do it now. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Just arrived the Kiwi. Loving it so far. I’ve been very impressed with the Mouse and this easily takes the cake. Originally, I was going to get a Dragonfly and a Blueberry but the one came up at the right price. I couldn’t pass it up. Plus the “boss” has been enjoying the “sing along” so it was an easy GAS.

8 Likes

Those mics are sweet! You using the mouse for recording bass?

4 Likes

Those mics are awesome! I’ve been wanting to pick one up.

4 Likes

Finally pulled the trigger on a J bass yesterday! This bad boy still had the plastic cover/labeling on the controls and the plastic on the pick guard. Just been sitting in a case for 17 years. 2005, 60th anniversary MIM jazz bass. New set of strings and this thing will be booming!

17 Likes