GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

True!

4 Likes

That’s good to hear! Thank you for that! That being the case, I’ve got nothin to lose & if i’m not in love with it or can’t shake that “what’s wrong with it feeling” Im pretty confident i could sell it and come out on top.
Also i was thinking the same thing, as far as his level of set up experience, while reading his product description.
Then my inner cynic piped up with, “yeah right, this guy’s probably acting like he doesn’t know how to adjust the truss rod, so he can pretend to not know its broken” hahaha!!
As Dave (Dave’s world of fun stuff) would say… That is not a virgin truss rod hole.
I just looked a little harder at the seller’s profile, it doesn’t say anything about if he plays but dude sells a lot of gear… 100% positive feedback with somethin like 1400 sales… I’m feelin pretty good here.

5 Likes

So the universe has spoken, my bank card said no and it looks like that’s not the Fender for me. I will call her the one that got away. I msg’d the seller and it’s re-listed if anyone is interested, it looks like a pretty kick ass deal

4 Likes

These seem to be the best value for getting a Moog ladder filter and for me worth it not to deal with building one. I’m not really sure I even know what I’m going to do with this given its odd shape. This purchase is a direct result of me continuing to lament not getting the Moog pedal filter when it was less than half what it sells for now.

8 Likes

Ohhh enjoy! You gotta build it yourself but that is super easy. Really cool synth

Been looking at the Moog Mavis, it seems I can control my GAS :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

And THAT’s exactly why I scored a Werkstatt. I’m wondering if the Mavis becomes the new entry tier and Werkstatt disappears.

3 Likes

I think so because the original Werkstatt was discontinued. Pretty sure that I read somewhere that this was a limited edition.

4 Likes

I’ve been wanting Lindy Fralin pickups in a P, but I had wanted them in a Tele P with 51 style pickup.

But now I’ve got the Mighty Power - need to name the bass as I really don’t like that name - so I don’t see the Tele happening at this point which I’m really good with.

So leaves me with choices.

One is to put Fralins in the MP. I contacted Fralin and they suggested 5% overwind for the bridge and normal winding for the neck.

Another option is to buy a second SPB1 and put a pair of SPB1s in as I have a spare

Last option is to stick with SPB3s. I sorta have a modern sound covered by my Charvel

Leaning towards 2. What do y’all think

4 Likes

Fralins would get you an overall vintage tone, for sure, along with a hotter, darker 5% kick to your bridge pickup.

Personally, I’m really digging the Nordstrand NP4. Its tone is clear, warm and woody — everything I hear in my mind’s ear. The NP4V has an older vintage tone with lower output, kinda like a Fralin or Lollar.

4 Likes

Yeah I had forgotten about Nordstrand. Was just listening to Oliver’s vid on the NP4 and NP4 v SPb3

Need to get home and put on headphones

5 Likes

Are we talking Chardonnay or pickups here boys?

9 Likes

Don’t get me started on how the bouquet affects tone. That’s a whole other can of wax

5 Likes

Why choose only one? I happen to know from experience that they pair beautifully. :clinking_glasses:

5 Likes

Check out this Nordstrand shootout. It’s great to compare and contrast these three pup models back to back. It swayed me to the NP4, big time.

4 Likes

In my experience, Chardonnay can greatly help with pickups…:heart::heart::heart:

9 Likes

Strong drink giveth the desire, but taketh away the ability.

5 Likes

But at least you’ll think you sound really good :joy:

4 Likes

Bill the Bard had a very keen understanding of basically everything, yes. Don’t forget the nose-painting, sleep, and urine.

3 Likes

Uh…no.

3 Likes

And the insults, oh the insults.

Monster, it smelleth of horse piss and my nose suffers it with great indignation.

4 Likes