GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Me three. I love and lust for it every time I see it. It has an f’ing DOOM control :smile:

3 Likes

I must be in an okay spot. Nothing is calling to me right now

5 Likes

You better check to see if your ringer is turned on😉

5 Likes

yeah. While I do want that Lewitt interface I don’t think I’ll get it any time soon. I don’t see myself needing anything like that. I do have the cables I lamented about in my post; I do think it’d be really cool to connect to my Maschine+ as a mic pre, too. But… I think it’d more be a thing that I would get if I knew I’d be doing a lot of mobile recording and I’m just not.

I wouldn’t mind one of these, though:

they’re $40 on sale atm. Dynamic vocal mic that seems to have some sort of preamp powered off 48V phantom. I was thinking about picking up a second DRV-200 since they’re on sale again for $30, but I like this Sterling one; I think their use of phantom power in a dynamic mic is novel and sounds good.

2 Likes

You mean like a built-in Cloudlifter? At that price? Wow.

1 Like

I officially caught my first case of GAS. My neighbour was selling these cheap, the snare needs some repair and I need to get it all set up properly. Looking forward to learning the drums (with earplugs) and have my kids learn too.

13 Likes

A new toy for quiet practice - Nux MP-3 Mighty Plug Pro:

It is here to replace Fender Mustang Micro.

12 Likes

Nice! Probably much more useful for bass since the Fender Mustang Micro is meant for guitars. Let us know how you like it!

2 Likes

So, I have an update already.
Sadly, I am going to send it back.
I have two issues with this otherwise nice device:
-First, it doesn’t work well with my active bass. It clips badly and I can’t see any settings for input level. The clipping goes away when I turn off the preamp in my bass.

-Second thing is even more annoying and it is problematic in two ways. It produces constant high-pitched (not very loud) hiss. I can hear it more in my IEMs than in my AKG open-back over-ear headphones. Enabling a built-in noise gate doesn’t make any difference.
On top of that, it acts as an antenna for 60hz hum - you can eliminate this hum with the mentioned noise gate, though.
Fender Mustang Micro is dead silent next to that.

6 Likes

I have the Valeton Rushead Max headphone amp. Cheap as Borsch an much, much better than the Vox Amplug.

4 Likes

Where are you from? We have that saying in the Polish language and I am surprised to see that outside of the east European context (Poland/Ukraine). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I do have a Polish background AAMF, but there’s a large Ukrainian diaspora here as well, so that saying is fairly common in some parts of the country.

5 Likes

Interesting, I had the MP 2 and it sounded so good, no hiss, but, didn’t last long and I moved on to the Boss Waza Air.
Sounds like the version 3 leaves something to be desired.

3 Likes

And so it begins… :magic_wand:

3 Likes

Look what the little GAS fairy left under my pillow today:

Oooomaaaaahhhhhhgaaaaaaawddd, blue thparkleth!

16 Likes

:sunglasses::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh man, I love me some compression.

Can’t wait to hear what you think about it

4 Likes

Love me some compression too but the only compression in my budget this week is socks unfortunately

6 Likes

It is certainly a big step up in price but if you’re looking for a mobile practice solution, checkout the Waza Air Bass if you haven’t already. A number of folks on this forum, including me, have them and are quite satisfied.

4 Likes

I am waiting to try Boss Bass Dual Cube LX, alas no availability yet here in the UK.

I thought about Waza Air Bass, but I am very picky about headphones (their shapes and sizes) and I am pretty sure I’d send it back just for that reason - comfort :slight_smile:

3 Likes