GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Glad to have helped :joy:

5 Likes

You actually did help me make that decision :smiley:

4 Likes

Yep, it was only half a joke :+1:
If I were to start applying to companies for not reviewing their gear, would you write a letter of recommendation for me? :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

GAS is a cast iron bitch. Although I’m no longer looking at basses - seriously, I totally lost my appetite for new instruments - I’m now looking at ancillaries.

So, a deal on this little thingumajigger came up, and I hit the GAS buy now button:

9 Likes

And as I await the looper/drum machine pedal, I got this off of my local FB marketplace:

It’s a cheapie noise gate. I have a very EF-noisy house, so I’m hoping this quietens things down a bit. Ah fingered that for 30 Canuckistanian kopecks it’s worth the risk.

I’m also putting together a DIY pedal board. Stay tuned.

9 Likes

It was $30 used?? They’re like $35 new here in Freedom Country (screams in eagle). I have a CoolMusic Insane distortion. They seem like a good, cheap company

I bought a thing:

I don’t not need a stereo DI :woman_shrugging:t2:

The DIs on my 18i20 are decent enough, but I saw a deal and I’ve wanted a Canvas for a minute. Mono and stereo are the same size, plus the stereo has a sum to mono on the thru outs.

I ABed it with my Focusrite and my brain says more better (because I bought it, of course!). But seriously, it honestly feels more dynamic when playing. I don’t plan to use it with my B6, it’s for the G6 and synths mainly, and you’re apparently supposed to use a passive DI for active things and an active DI for passive things :woman_shrugging:t2:

I have a Neve RNDI on my wishlist for passive instruments and they’re $50 off atm :eyes:

I was good, too. I almost bought a Lewitt Connect 6 again all “ooh it’ll arrive Sunday” and then mentally slapped myself. I do NOT NEED ONE RIGHT NOW.

Ahem. Carry on.

3 Likes

Remember, this is The People’s Glorious Republic of Canadastan and our Canadistani Kopecks aren’t worth what they used ta. Anyhoo, theyre about $45 CAD new, so no harm done. This one seems pretty new, even came with all the original packaging etc.

2 Likes

[quote=“howard, post:7015, topic:4836, full:true”]

@howard I was cleaning up this morning and found a digital luggage scale in a box. So for our continuing edification I measured both my Fenders.

MIM P Bass with Gruv Gear strap attached weighs 8.5lbs
MIM Jazz bass parts caster with Gruv Gear strap attached weighs 7.9lbs. (I chose the lightest body I could find from Stratosphere’s website, roasted maple neck and put on Hipshot ultra light tuners).

I don’t care how cheap the HB is, my back wouldn’t like another 3lbs tacked on.

6 Likes

Had the T-40 out the other day, weighted in at exactly 12lbs. No strap.

5 Likes

Yeah but everyone knows Engineers are pretty ripped. Bush League Stuff for you :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I am afraid to weigh my Steve Harris P. It’s a porker. The Peavey feels half as heavy.

7 Likes

Wow. My MIJ is quite a bit lighter. Just under 8 IIRC.

You have the lightest non-Aerodyne Jazz I have ever heard of, too.

4 Likes

that’s heavier than The Beast w/ its 6-string maple neck. The hell did Peavey do, fill the pickup cavity with lead? Are T-40s made with maple bodies or something?

4 Likes

Yep, and the bridge is porky AF as well.

3 Likes

Ash body.

It is quite the hunka hunka metal

Actually everything is on the bass. Thiiick neckplate,
18 screws on pickguard, big string retainer, wide and nutted tuners, even the nut is metal.

7 Likes

There’s a reason this meme exists I guess.

16 Likes

serious GAS alert for a Sigma 00R-28VS

8 Likes

That’s a nice Martin 00 reproduction. 00s are sweet little 12-fret guitars.

4 Likes

Nice. I have a cheap-ish Cordoba C3M that zZounds has taken about two f’ing weeks to get to me. First one was broken in transit, and they had it back on their site listed as a blemish model before sending me a second one. Kinda ridiculous; Amazon will send a replacement and give you 30 days to return it. Not zZounds, oh no, a replacement isn’t shipped until you send them the broken one back…

2nd is supposed to arrive tomorrow. The first was left w/ out signature, but with all the trauma surrounding this I’m guessing they won’t leave it and I’ll have to wait until Friday :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

3 Likes

I just bought a Mitchell MB100. I needed a really cheap bass I could pack around with me every day. I spend at least six hours a week just sitting in my car, and I’d rather spend it practicing.

This probably isn’t worth mentioning, but I also bought this guy. I’ve been using an old finnicky Snark, and I could have bought a new one for the same price, but I have no regrets lol.

17 Likes