GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Seems like a wise use of time and money to
Me @Beck !!

6 Likes

That Alien tuner would look great on my green Dingwall.

8 Likes

Haha love the tuner :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I’ll let you know if it actually works well or not. Lol

7 Likes

After much debate, I ordered my new bass yesterday. It didn’t hurt that they’re 25% off! Hand wound pickups are on order. Some of the shiny bits will be changed.

19 Likes

Nice

3 Likes

I agree, I survived the NWOHM playing Charvel PJ pearlescent white and a Hamer Blitz that I loved to gig with
But it just seems like metal has gone so wonky,I went back to the Classic Rock.

4 Likes

I have one, and I really only use it for ambience, more flanger and phase shifter I have no problem other then it’s a 200 watt and Imho I think that it would be fine for a venue that has PA

2 Likes

Do it, it’s tricky at first but you won’t be disappointed Do It😀

2 Likes

I am so tempted though, I meen that I am more concerned about the neck then anything else but I would assume the electronics suck(and I’m willing to bet that once you plug it in it probably will sound like a fender

3 Likes

Old metal is now considered classic rock

6 Likes

So this now classic rock? I never hear this on my local classic rock radio station :sunglasses:

I mean you’ll hear it every week on my job site when I’m in charge of the IPod :metal:

7 Likes

Has anybody around here tried any Xotic pedals?

They have the Bass RC Booster v2… Bass RC V2 – Xotic California
It’s a dual clean boost that’s been out awhile but I haven’t found any videos on it.

They also have the Bass BB Preamp… Bass BB – Xotic California
It has a very pleasant, smooth sounding gain I like a lot, They are discontinued but are available on the used market.

There is the EP Booster… EP Booster – Xotic California
It’s a clone of the preamp in the old Echoplex tape delay. I’ve seen it reccomended for adding some warmth to your tone and is reported to work well on either guitar or bass. The MXR Thump is also an Echoplex clone but listening to samples the Xotic seems to sound better.

1 Like

I have a few of their pedals @eric.kiser . The SP compressor is great as is the EP Boost. The EP is great on bass. Underrated even. The one thing that goes with the small format of those pedals is to open them up. There are dip switched inside which will help in dialing them in. The compressor has the attack and release settings on those dip switches and the treble and db control for the EP are inside. Took me too long to figure that out. Lol. Great always on pedal for sure.

2 Likes

I have the SP compressor mini pedal.
Both the build quality and sound quality are impressive.

3 Likes

Here’s a nice little 2X15 Gene Simmons Punisher Ampeg head/cab for any KISS fans. Only 50 or so made.

You know the cab is light when they put wheels and a handle on it.

5 Likes

I couldn’t pass up the Black Friday “sale” (excuse) to finally break down buy the Vidami Blue version. This will all but guarantee a third version will be released soon… LOL

Chris

4 Likes

Well I jumped on a Black Friday train for the first time. Got amazing discount on my first interface and studio headphones.

Arriving Tuesday Universal Audio Volt 1 and Rode NTH 100.

8 Likes

Great choices! The UA interface has one of the best audio preamps/conversion in the business and Rode makes amazing stuff. Lately I totally fell in love with Rode gear. I have the Rode podcast mic and the tiny Rode NT-1 audio interface as my main DAI.

4 Likes

Yeah, i’ve been gasing for some nice interface to finally start recording stuff.

Was looking at some studio packs from Focusrite, M Audio and Presonus, but those headphones are lacking, and I have no use of mics yet.

So decided to go separate way. After a bit of googling saw that Volt is best one in this lower price range and got good discount on it, and on these headphones got nearly 50% off so it was a no brainer.

And Volt comes with great software pack.
Svt sim for bass was also a no brainer.

4 Likes