GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

In the new Ellen plays video where she gets her custom one, they pronounce it like it’s Spanish too

4 Likes

Well, then it’s about time you get one of their basses… or two… :wink:

I think that’s what everybody does now… just to move ever so slightly away from that condiment association :rofl:

3 Likes

Ya I know it won’t last long, but I am super super happy with the lot I have now. The only one left is the Koa special edition Aerodyne to complete the set and then a ridiculous dream bass I’d never actually buy.

Next up is selling off my cheap low A bari sax and upgrading it to a proper one, but, don’t know what to upgrade it to so until I can play test them all (which is really hard to do these days, no one sticks bari saxes) there’s no gear GAS happening here. Just playing.

3 Likes

I had no idea which language Mayones came from, but I assumed it was a surname.

If it had been Spanish, it could have been Mallones. But mayonnaise in Spanish is mayonesa.

Potato/potahto. It’s all good with mayo.

2 Likes

(cc: @Barney )

5 Likes

Yep @joergkutter I lived in Germany for a few years, but played in Holland for Wageningen Hockey Club. Good times.

4 Likes

Oh cool - that’s right on the border, correct!?!

Perhaps, to be fair (and include at least parts of Belgium), you could say those fries and the mayo is a Flemish thing :wink:

2 Likes

Just gimme some decent Belgian or French mayonnaise, not that sweet condiment popular in way to many places :nauseated_face:
The adding of sugar to the recipe seems to originate from Germany and/or the Netherlands… and this thread seems to have gone way of topic :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Fries and mayo is an AMAZING thing, that has no borders or cultural ownership,
and could bring peace to the world through its fat on fat goodness.
Second only to fries dipped into a milkshake (sadly McDonalds shakes work best).

4 Likes

I think that’s the unofficial motto of BassBazz

6 Likes

The bass is named after mayonnaise.
Totally topic appropriate. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Just keep gobbling french fries dipped in mayo and you’ll never have to oil the fretboard. :rofl:

6 Likes

On a side note, my appetite for gears has been satiated most certainly for a while after last months crazy expenses :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

It’s pronounced the same in the original (muhyoness) either without accentuation or with a slight accent on the penultimate syllable. To anglophone ears it’ll sound Spanish anyways :slight_smile:

Interms of mayo, I like Hellmans too, because its vinegary. I hate very oily tasting mayo.

5 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

See also, Fry Sauce. Basically mayo and ketchup mixed.

1 Like

Thinking about this, I don’t think I have found any food ‘sauce’ that doesn’t enhance the ever mighty fry.

1 Like

Gravy is the thing for fries. All else pales in comparison, as good as it may be. All hail the mighty gravy.

1 Like

MIJ for the win. Build quality may not be quite MIA (although it can be!) but price is much better and defo better quality than MIM. I have 12 MIJ Fender basses and absolutely love them. If you buy one used there is pretty much a zero chance of losing money if you don’t gel with it and pass it on.

… but then again… who sells a bass when you can just put in the case and store it in a dark recess of the basement? Ha.

7 Likes

That’s because you Great White Northerners systematically bastardized ketchup up there. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes