GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

you obviously know a whole different set of people then i do

8 Likes

Was gonna say :rofl:

6 Likes

I manage my money just fine.
Manage to spend it all every two weeks.

10 Likes

7 Likes

:crazy_face: + :moneybag: = :money_mouth_face:

:joy:

4 Likes

Well… after much deliberation… decided it’s about time I finally got an amp :joy:

Goin for an Orange Crush Bass 50 though :slightly_smiling_face: looks like that’s the one that’s easily (probably more than) enough for practicing at home, and likely as much as I should ever really need. Kinda spending a little bit more than I originally wanted to, but then it isn’t gonna leave me ending up wishing I’d gone for something better if I’d gone for a 15-25w I was originally looking at, right?.. Right?.. :smile:

8 Likes

Yes :grin:

5 Likes

I blame everyone one here, but you were right. Bigger is better. Picked up a new (shop floor mint) Fender Rumble 800. It’s a 2x10, 400W with the combo and you can add another 2x10 extension cab to get the full 800W (although why, I just don’t know) and weighs 29lbs.

It’s only 7lbs heavier than my Rumble 100 but I bow to the more experienced members on the forum. This thing sounds great, even at low volume it just sounds better to my ears than the 100. But man turned up, I just can’t see how loud the drummer would have to be to need more. It’s crazy loud.

Very happy, especially as it was on sale.

Rumble 800 combo

Rumble 100 combo

18 Likes

That rug also really ties the bass and new amp together.

10 Likes

Congrats @Barney ! Those sound great!

I can never turn my amp up enough to enjoy the watty goodness either cause things start shaking and falling.

The extra ooomph is needed though when you are in a bigger space with competing sound waves like drummers and guitarists and screaming groupies. Bedrooms - not so much.

6 Likes

Congrats @Barney !

4 Likes

If you plan on ever playing with other people, you will want something bigger.

5 Likes

Congrats! Enjoy the power!!

4 Likes

Congrats @Barney that could make your ears bleed lol.

5 Likes

I’d be surprised if I ever get to that point :smile:

I seen a Fender Rumble 100 vid on youtube earlier, thing is taller than his seat! But I guess if I got one of those, I could get rid of this chair & just sit on that though, wouldn’t be any less uncomfortable :rofl:

6 Likes

Congratulations @Barney
I must admit my first thought was omg the bass is just leaning on the table top but then I saw the clamp thingie :grimacing:

4 Likes

Hahaha, I have one of those too! Got sent by mistake with an order from years ago! :joy:
Super handy! Everybody should have one! lol

5 Likes

I dunno, you might be in good company (bad ?). I have been gassing for a new ampeg svt classic and a 610 cab - in and out of my cart everyday for the last 3 or so weeks. Endless youtube research. I finally came to and took Josh’s advice. I had to slap myself around and get back into focusing on actually playing and learning. I mean who am I kidding? I am so far from needing that kind of rig.

5 Likes

Oh man nice - i imagine this thing having immaculate conception to a 2x10 extension - the wife would never notice…

4 Likes

Personally, I think you should just get it😈
Seriously though. I am way to impulsive. I am not buying another bass any time soon.

6 Likes