GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Sure enough, but I’ll be quickly done and will only bring little joy to that thread :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Did you not order it?? Did it just randomly appear at your house?? Do you not remember what you might have ordered? :joy: :rofl:

FWIW, I don’t think it’s walnut; it’s beautiful, but I guess walnut hasn’t got as many of the “smaller features” I see here… i.e., a little less busy (for lack of a more technical, arboreal explanation :wink:)

This is walnut:

8 Likes

It could be a walnut burl top, makes for a more “busy” look :wink:

6 Likes

I can neither confirm or deny :wink:

7 Likes

Tease-y, tease-y.

C’mon, man! Spill it!!!

4 Likes

Thats Beautiful ! What bass is that?

The top on my bass is Bubinga. It is “Out for delivery” today. I will post a picture tonight when I get home.

4 Likes

So it seems like new basses are falling from the sky like raindrops.

For the sake of all that’s holy, tell us what they are!!!

5 Likes

OK, so… came across my cheap old audio interface last night (thought I’d sold it ages ago tbh :smile:)

Thought about dabbling with some recording, but computer says no… :smile:
Some pretty bad ground loop noise from the line out - line in/instrument ¼" jack (don’t really know why I tried both when one was bad, not like the other was gonna be any better :man_shrugging: but I did :joy:)

Doesn’t say I cant use the xlr in to try the DI out and ground lift, but it doesn’t say I can either, only references mics, so idk :man_shrugging: lol

Time for an upgrade? :eyes::smile:

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-24c
or something like that? :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

seriously, that presonus is only $129??? seems like a no brainer.

4 Likes

I was going wait until I opened it and was able to take a picture. I didn’t want to use a picture from the add I bought it from. Mine arriving today is a ZON Sonus Special 4 string.
I’ll post a picture this evening after i unpack it.

4 Likes

That’s gorgeous @AnotherJosh

4 Likes

yep, £99 on amazon with my staff discount :smile:

4 Likes

Ooof, bikes. I’ve always been a cyclist. I raced BMX in the 80s, got into road cycling, then back into BMX, then back into road cycling, then cyclocross (well, really just riding a cyclocross bike on lightweight mountain trails), then finally mountain biking. Although my MTB “career” was pretty short lived, and I didn’t spend a whole lotta money on it. Most of my money went into BMX (many, many $1000 bikes passed through my garage) and road cycling (I once had an all CF Trek that was worth about $12,000, although I paid much less than that via making deals, buying used, and knowing how to put it all together myself.)

I stopped riding altogether last year. I’d been hit by cars a couple of times and had a couple of pretty bad spills at my local skate park, and it was taking longer and longer to heal.

I’d love to pick up a 29" BMX bike again, though, just for cruising around the neighborhood in style. I miss riding bikes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its a german Sadowsky, I cant afford the US model.

8 Likes

Huh? Those MIG sell over €3000 :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It’s gorgeous!

3 Likes

Big congrats, Josh. It is stunning!

4 Likes

Lately Ive been thinking about first 5er. I havnet even ever tried one.

Since it would be first one, I dont wanna spend much on it. Idea is that its 2x soapbars or humbuckers.

Ive come across Cort Action DLX V Plus on local used market.

Anyone has experience with it? I saw specs and listened to sound on youtube, seems alright.

Its being sold used for 300 euros, but if I decide to get it Ill ask for price reduction since new locally is 325 euros.

7 Likes

A Zon! Congrats.

How long did you have to wait? I heard Zon was running way behind with their orders due to Covid-related stuff.

2 Likes

Really nice colour on those! Was almost tempted by one once :smile:
No experience with them though, but I’d probably suggest looking around a bit more if it’s just to try, that’s still a fair amount to spend. Had a used 5 string in the past for as little as £85! :joy:

5 Likes