GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

That @EddieJones is an electric mountain bike. The Specialized Levo SL. Super light weight bike that’s weighs less than my downhill mountain bike but has a motor in it. I can ride 25-30km of trails from my front door on a single charge. It’s the best thing I’ve ever bought apart from maybe my P Bass.

3 Likes

It’s cheaper than wheeling Jeeps too. A lot cheaper. Repairs for wheeling Moab alone are in the 4 digits

1 Like

Isn’t that sorta cheating?

1 Like

No. Next question.

7 Likes

That’s a nice ride @Barney ThaI’m so glad to see pedaling assist bike is be more popular. I know you are not one of those because of it, lol. I made a prediction almost 10 years ago and most came true, pedal assist bikes, wide riser bar, dropper post and flats they are now the norm.

I stopped right before electric evolution, the only motor assisted at the time was the gruber assist. The elites were fighting so hard to keep them off the trails any kinds of bikes except for the good ol bikes, loss a few trail access they just don’t know how to keep the sport growing.

You should have seen it we have to fight against the horse riders, hikers, bird watchers and these fools pretty much argue that the price of admission into the sport is the years of enduring pain to build up the cardio in order to have a decent descent.

2 Likes

I now feel much much better about the $10.5K sax I bought last year.
Thanks!

6 Likes

I used to ride every night after work on my regular mountain bike. The only difference now with a pedal assist bike is I still ride every night but that in the same time I go 3 times the distance. So more downhill. I love it.
I’ve been riding for over 30 years so I’ve heard all the arguments against e bikes. But it’s the future, it’s coming; so we might as well embrace it. I also see a lot more people getting outside that probably wouldn’t buy a regular bike because of pedal assist bikes, so that has to be a good thing for their health (apart from the crashes).

4 Likes

I’ve never been on a pedal assist mtb before but it’s not a twist a throttle and go type of bike you still have to pedal your butts off and burn some calories but you can go further and have more fun. Instead of 4 miles you can do 15 miles what’s not to like.

12k? I’m not surprised my brother gave me this folding pedal assist Italian bike an it’s 4K the road bike guys don’t like them either when I pass them on the hill, lol.

Uploading: IMG_6509.jpeg…

2 Likes

I live at the top of a very very steep long curvy hill. It’s fun going down and they close the parkway on weekends to car traffic so you can ride but that hill at the end - it makes you stay home. I’d take a pedal assist bike any day.

1 Like

For sure! Well happy with it!
spent like 4 hours messing around playing stuff and doing some more B2B lessons after I got home with it! :joy:

Ain’t technology great.

1 Like

I contacted Xotic pedals about the Bass BB preamp pedal. It has been out of production and whenever they come up on the used market they’re either over priced or sell quickly.

They confimed the preamp is returning within the next three months. It turns out the rumor was true. The only reason they quit selling them was due to part shortages.

4 Likes

I stopped into this store today up in CT.
Bought nothing but wow did they have some doosies. All from one guy’s collection.
3 (left of 7!) Fender Elites
Alembics!

Crazy stuff

6 Likes

Omg the Alembic BBSB4 is top of my list.

5 Likes

In further Xotic news, I asked for an Xotic Bass RC Boost for my birthday.

It is a Tube Screamet adjacent distortion pedal. With no mid boost and two distortion stages, each with its own foot switch.

I’ll report back if/when I get it. :sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes

#1 arrives tomorrow. I am very excited for this one !

7 Likes

Love the Bart Candy bar.

3 Likes

Wicked! Congrats!

Look at it as hours and hours of anticipatory joy :wink: :joy:

6 Likes

at some point real soon we are going to have a show us your rugs thread

6 Likes

This just arrived at my door yesterday, haven’t had a chance to do a setup yet. Is that a walnut top?

14 Likes