GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

I think they all are, it’s like HB disease and the one thing that would keep me from grabbing one and upgrading, if I were in the EU.

1 Like

Went to the music shop today and tooled around on a lot of different basses. Fender Jazz and Precision, both a Player series and American series, a Schecter Diamond series, some Yamaha 5 strings, an Ibanez, a Dean, and a Gibson Thunderbird. Far and away, had most fun and was most excited by……

The Fender Jazz. And, to its credit, I found the Player series to be just as nice feeling and sounding as the American series. So I may have found my next upgrade. Surprised me as I was certain I was going P-bass. But the play test doesn’t lie.

12 Likes

I have been thinking I wan’t a Jazz bass lately.

8 Likes

upgrading my Jazz is next on the list

What are you looking at? FGN has some nice ones but that’s me

4 Likes

The P seems to get more love around here, but if I had to get rid of my collection, my jazz would be one of the last to go. It is very versatile, especially since I upgraded pickups to split coil. I think it is a great choice if that is the direction you go.

7 Likes

Ive been gassing for a Bacchus Woodline 417, handmade passive with a turbo switch :woozy_face:

7 Likes

Just one?

5 Likes

I had a 1964 Jazz when I was younger. I so miss that bass. I would love to get another, but won’t pay the prices they fetch now a days. I was looking at some of the boutique builders that do Jazz copies. Bluesman Vintage seems nice. I am also thinking of getting one of the pre beat up ones so I can tell my wife it was old and cheap because of the poor condition :slight_smile:

9 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Bacchus are fantastic and pretty inexpensive.

You should also check out Momose and Black Smoker. Momose is the premium line from the company that owns Bacchus, and Black Smoker is a smaller boutique line.

Vellmor and Atelier Z are other good bets. And of course FujiGen :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That is sharp, is that rosewood or ebony fretboard?

3 Likes

Yes… This would work.

12 Likes

Rosewood.

I was also looking at this one from Kiesel.

9 Likes

I really like the Momose and Atelier too, I will have to check out the Black Smoker. Have you ever tried Sugi?

5 Likes

I have looked at Atelier Z. They look great. There are so many great J style basses out there. Maruszczyk Elwood also looks great. If I do get one, I want to keep the price reasonable

5 Likes

Nope! Another good one for the list to try.

4 Likes

This conversation is entering dangerous territory. I am gonna go look at the ugly duckling thread for a bit

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

FGN Mighty Jazz

8 Likes

I was thinking a little more stealth

10 Likes