GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Glad to be of service :joy:

7 Likes

Its a classic colour scheme.

6 Likes

I just picked up one of the Vintage edition Squiers and I’ve really been enjoying it! It’s different with the satin finish on both the neck and body, feels very smooth though.

12 Likes

You guys are not making this easy @Mac
@HowlinDawg @cheeze_pizza :wink:

6 Likes

But it appears as if they are my friend

6 Likes

:grin:

4 Likes

Squire did you say? I love the pickguard

11 Likes

Yeah that’s the colour scheme I’m after :ok_hand: . Although maybe with a darker fretboard…

4 Likes

I almost forgot to post this one… When I was picking up my bass the other day, I was talking to the guitar tech at Sam Ash and noticed he was working on this guy. 1981 Peavey I was told. Not so much my style but I took a picture of it to share here for any Peavey lovers!

16 Likes

T-40
Fantastic bass, and, insurance against being swept up in a tornado.

Mine weights in at 12lbs

15 Likes

It’s cheaper to keep 'er…

Hey, that’s a great idea for a song title!

12 Likes

The good news is I found a deal on another 88-key hammer-action MIDI controller with bench and stand, just like the rig I was going to buy from you, @PamPurrs. It should be here in a few days, so it’s all good.

Good luck with your local sale.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Love 1980s peaveys.

4 Likes

Loved the Blues Brothers. I saw them in Dallas back in the day. They were very…energetic. And they got more so every time they came back for each of the three encores that night. Go figure.

But credit where credit’s due. Here’s the original version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ-w_IKGRFM

4 Likes

Gorgeous bass, but… just no. Not for any bass :rofl:

4 Likes

Nice. Very good choice if you want a piano feel. Which one did you get? Another M-Audio?

There’s basically two camps when it comes to key feel. Some people like the weighted feel to be closer to a piano (or exactly like one, like the hammer actions.) Others prefer the synth feel (I’m here as that was my own musical path to keyboards back in the '80s.) But regardless, people get religious about their keybed feel in both camps - like bass feel, it’s extremely important - and the M-Audio Hammer series is really well regarded.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s an M Audio Hammer 88.

Great deal. Comes with a free stand and bench, plus free shipping and no Texas sales tax. What’s not to love?

And, yeah, weighted keys are a deal-maker for me. All I’ve played have been acoustic pianos and a Fender Rhodes that had weighted keys.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Still love this bass. The last thing I need is another fretless. LOL

2 Likes