GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

You people with actual talent and skills make me so jealous.

4 Likes

That’s not talent @howard that’s me doing that for 8 hours a day x 15 years :smile:

5 Likes

Awesome pups. I have them in the SH P, of course but I regret not ripping the other set out of the Donner P-clone before I sold it.

3 Likes

That’s actually the definition of talent @Barney

4 Likes

I believe it’s expertise born of experience.

4 Likes

Yeah, or in short, skill.

5 Likes

:scream:

3 Likes

GAS won out on me. Found a good deal on mint G&L JB Tribute. Arrived today. Had enough time to unpack it before having to run out. Have time to acclimate before I start putting it through its paces.

20 Likes

Good bass. Packs a punch well above it’s price point. Just never get the Placentia series.

3 Likes

Heard those had a bit of a poor reputation, a lot of G&L JB tribute reviews were glowing. Friend of mine plays G&L guitars and is crazy about them.

They all said the same thing, quality and sound well above its price point.

5 Likes

Looks great. You guy’s are killing me with all the Jazz basses. LOL

7 Likes

I’ll just put this here

FGN Mighty Jazz

17 Likes

I hate you ! :grinning:

I like yours better than this one. Traditional pick guard and control plate for the win!

4 Likes

I like mine too, plays very well

Here’s a slightly upgraded model, alder body, serial/parallel switch, rest is the same

They make some really nice looking basses. Thank god I have all I need

13 Likes

Are you going to let that stop you?

3 Likes

This!

I am going to try really hard not to impulsively buy a bass this week !!

6 Likes

Think I saw a little schmutz on the case. No Bueno

(see, I’m helping)

4 Likes

As a wise man once said, since when did need ever factor in the equation of buying another bass?

3 Likes

Man, you’re way past the point of impulse. Now it’ll be purely pre-meditated. :rofl:

5 Likes

I like the Jazz basses, learned that at the music shop a few weeks ago. All different style I played and kept going back to a jazz. Only had a few minutes after work last night to explore the new bass. First thoughts: It without a doubt packs a punch. Same settings on my amp as always, volumes and tone on bass at max, think I may need to make some adjustments because wow.

Needs some minor setting up, neck relief is good, but action needs to be lowered a bit for my liking, but it most certainly is playable out fo the box. Intonation is good. Very happy.

It feels heavier than both of my other basses, shipping box was 14Lbs per FedEx. Not so much a problem, might have to throw in an extra leg day at the gym :grinning:

4 Likes