GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Hopefully they are long enough to go around the hole Vs across it. If not, put in longer ones and secure with stick on wire harness stays.

5 Likes

The wires are unfortunate. I honestly didn’t notice them until you pointed them out. LOL

LOL, rather then appreciating this joke, my mind went to “how much would I need to save per day to have the 14k ready in 2 years when the bass would be finished” The answer is less then $20. Not too bad :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh they were the first thing I saw, lol.

3 Likes

For practicing shenanigans. Haven’t played with the different IRs too much yet but it seems like this thing has a lot of potential!

13 Likes

That’s gorgeous @Al1885
The Artist Series really are built and finished to a very high standard.

But how are you supposed to access the electronics?
I mean, what if your producer switch stops working! :wink:

5 Likes

I assumed that I’d have more access once I remove the pickups. Finger crossed :crossed_fingers:. I’ve seen some Stewmac tools that I can use. Hopefully I can manage that.

4 Likes

Hope yours is not defective. Mine almost blew out my eardrums. The touch button malfunction and started to switch on its own and each time it spiked the volume so dangerously.

4 Likes

Wow! That’s not great. I’ll watch out for that. Thanks for the head’s up

4 Likes

Did they offer to replace the unit for you?

4 Likes

They sent me a cut and paste portion of the manual explaining how to use it. It was at the beginning of the lockdown everyone was busy selling. I returned it to the shop and stopped looking at Darkglass. Plenty of other companies to take my money.

3 Likes

Hollowbodies are ‘fun’ when working on electronics.
It helps if you are tiny and a contorsionist.
It’s a thing!

5 Likes

About time Ampeg stepped up their pedal game. I had absolutely no interest in the classic Ampeg pedals, but I would love this one

9 Likes

it’s not common to see a preamp demo with a SBV 500 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oooooohhhhhh…

4 Likes

Yep, they definitely earned some cool points for that.

I started a thread for it over here… New Ampeg SGT-DI Bass Preamp Pedal.

6 Likes

Sweet! Sounds great ofc :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As noted in the other thread on this pedal, it arrived today and I’m pleased as punch. VT Bass DI for sale. Lol.

13 Likes

Hmmm! My friend gave me this. It’s quite awesome. Katana Artist Series.

12 Likes

I want friends like yours

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s a good thing to have, but this thing is 2 feet wide, lol.

Even at 50w power selector it sounds so awesome. I’ve been around high end guitar amps and this can hold its own. I’m very happy with it, of course I know next to nothing about guitar amps, lol.

4 Likes