GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

A pedal like this makes amp head choice mostly moot unless someone also wants integrated compression and overdrive. I can plug this into the effects return of the Harley Benton Block 800 and it’s instantly better than 90% of the amps on the market. Or put it in front of one of those small factor TC amps. Same result.

2 Likes

Yeah unless you want specific characteristic tone coloring (tube preamp warmth/compression/od distortion, etc) an EQ like that will go a long long way. Especially to mimic something like a Fender tonestack.

I guess you would still want a multiband compressor to be able to hit (say) the Darkglass tones, but no big deal. That EQ is perfect really, only thing to add would be more bands, but for bass you’re good.

2 Likes

I HATE it when that happens.

2 Likes

Isn’t a machete a type of knife? :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ask Crocodile Dundee

5 Likes

Hee, hee, hee :grin:

4 Likes

A machete’s not a knife. This is a knife.

5 Likes

That’s a Bowie knife.

4 Likes

Which led to the Kabar, IIRC, one of the better knives I ever actually owned.

3 Likes

I’ve got one of those bad boys that has a deer horn handle. It’s gathering dust in my closet - lol.

1 Like

I roll with the OLFA L1 @howard

Great for finish carpentry and for cutting up apples at lunch. Of course it’s Japanese, as all the best knives are :wink:

9 Likes

Me too these days :rofl:

1 Like

It’s actually considered a knife. It can hack and chop, but not slice and cut :smiley:

Also found out that machetes are classified as agricultural tools by United States law. So this is actually legal?

:heart: Danny Trejo

8 Likes

For a BadAss he’s actually a very nice guy with zero ego, met him a few times love the guy.

6 Likes

Got a Stagg 6 Guitar suitcase stand today to get easy access to my 2nd (and soon to be third) bass…seems solid enough so far and I doubt it will be traveling anywhere so it shouldn’t get bumped around

9 Likes

They also make great scribers for cutting steel and aluminum.

2 Likes

Very nice looking stand! Also +1 bonus point for including the cat in the pic :grinning:

4 Likes

One of my favourite pedal emulations within the HX Stomp.

2 Likes

It depends on the state, actually. Not in many states, simply due to them being concealed. The laws usually refer to “dirks and daggers”, the definition of which is extremely broad. In some locales it even includes locking foldable knives. And concealed includes in a bag or tackle box (though many states have hunting and fishing exemptions for obvious reasons.)

So that nice Gerber Mk. II that was perfectly legal while in the military? Probably want to sell it when you get out.

Carrying sheathed on a belt is usually but not always legal. Really varies by jurisdiction. But you’d look pretty stupid and get a lot of attention from security guards and cops by carrying a machete on your belt, unless working.

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like