GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Need a Jazz

5 Likes

:100:

3 Likes

Can’t see how magnets are able to affect wood.

2 Likes

They don’t.

The mention of the term “tonewood” as a contributing factor in a bass’s sound, or having any basis as being a worthwhile consideration as part of a bass, has been a long-running gripe/gag by some in the forum. A joking reference pops up every now and then.

4 Likes

As a French we have the same issue with wine and cheese, you never manage to finish them both at the same time

5 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

Very happy with harmonic tremolo on bass. I like it at a slow speed just to give a little extra motion. Sounds great on I Put A Spell on You. Only a very small bass roll off on this pedal. It has internal trims for low, mid, high, so it may be possible to get it back.

5 Likes

I’ve been searching for one, but those things are really rare here in France. good find !

4 Likes

Is it 10,000 posts where a thread tops out? If so, this one is almost there. :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

Yes, 10’000. But there’s still some space left :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh dear. I haven’t bought (or sold!) a bass for over a year, but now I’m having a bit of a GAS attack for a Yamaha BB604, in wine red, with gold hardware… Like this one:

I don’t need it.
It has way too many knobs for my liking.
But that finish is just gorgeous… Nah, I’d probably just hang it on the wall and never play it. But it is tempting!

11 Likes

7 Likes

There is still room for another 400 cases of GAS :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Pretty sure you are already hooked :joy:

5 Likes

Oh! That wine red and gold is great looking!

If I could buy basses just for the art of it, I would have a room full.

4 Likes

So I just got an Aerodyne jazz a month ago but I keep thinking what if I had gotten a Sire P8 instead…

3 Likes

If you had bought the Sire P8 then you would be left wondering “what if I had bought the Aerodyne”. Such is the way of GAS

5 Likes

A Sire V8 blows both out of the water, IMO. It is a Jazz on steroids. And, yes, it plays like butter: smooth and delicious. :drooling_face:

4 Likes

SOLUTION… Get both!

4 Likes

Let me speak for @howard and say - Just buy it, you will love it (and I agree, lol).

4 Likes