GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Fender has the Trapper Bass Distortion pedal on sale for $85.00 down from $169.99.

It’s a two stage distortion pedal with footswitches for each stage. If you’re in the market for one this is the first time I’ve seen them on sale like this. If you don’t want to buy directly from Fender, both Sweetwater and GC do price matching.

4 Likes

This absolutely would have happened :100:

4 Likes

I’ve only heard the P8 and V8 via the internet but I really like the way the P/J combo sounds on the P8 vs the J pickups on the V8

3 Likes

Ooh! Pretty. I don’t know too much about this model. I think it was one of the Nathan East style. Very nice.

3 Likes

Well I have an ampeg RB-210 on the way to me which is probably much more practical, and will hopefully be a long delay for this particular GAS.

I’ve started looking at basses though so no safety here.

4 Likes

That’s cool. A P/J is its own thing with its own sound distinctly different than a like a P or a J. Go with what moves you.

4 Likes

I feel you :sweat_smile:

Here’s the one that I keep looking at way too often :grimacing:

Not sure I would play it though and the fact that it has nitro finish means that I couldn’t even put it on my rack (that is already full btw).

I’ll stick to my Sandberg VS4 for now, which in the year I have it now has been a pure pleasure to play :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Easy fix is to use a piece of cloth where the body touches the foam.

3 Likes

I was doing that , kept buying cheap low end fender basses. I broke down and bought an American Pro 2 Precision Bass solved my problem. A high end bass will stop your buying cheap basses.

6 Likes

I can only imagine! Have a V3, and even that’s bloody good! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Always good to be able to rely on the GAS support group :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Well, I’ll wait for my tax return and leave me some time to make up my mind.

5 Likes

Pretty much my strategy right now.

3 Likes

I can’t even entertain the idea of a GAS purchase, I think my jewels might end up In a box on the mantle.

But it’s so hard not to look and make a sizable wishlist.

2 Likes

LoL! I have made many of these. I end up revising away most things before I ever have a chance to buy them. It has helped me reduce the GAS and make better decisions. If something stays on the list long enough, I determine it as being something I really want to put money towards.

4 Likes

That’s definitely a thought going forward.

3 Likes

With my nerve injury, I’m like okay, the EHB is really easy to play, light, easy neck, something to consider. I don’t have a double buck in a 4. Check out some options during lunch, making a list for my tax return like @Krescht said.

So browsing on Reverb,.

Then I saw it. Almost half price, says brand new. Check the seller - it’s a shop, good reviews. I prefer shops over individuals on Reverb.

Still hundreds of dollars in discount, SR600 range in cost, is it sketchy? I message them and ask are there any flaws in the bass. And he replies nope, just had it on my wall over a year, want to get my cost out of it and get something in to sell.,

Sigh. Baby did a bad bad thing

Nothing goes to plan. EHB1500

23 Likes

Sweet! :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Beauty!

Pretty much nothing ever does :joy:

4 Likes

Oh yeah!!!

3 Likes

Soooooo - finally I have sold all non-required items and ready to move on. Now that is something I thought I’d decided already where to but… But :smiley:
So I started thinking if keep the original idea (Yamaha amp and 112 + 212 cabs) or sell the amp and go for the Ampeg RB210 that would be 210 with 250W itself and 500W with the 112 cab. Pricewise it’s cheaper (selling the amp and rolling with the combo internal only). On the other hand 1x12 / 2x12 / 3x12 option is lost (to 2x10 / 2x10 + 1x12). But weight of the 212 is close to the RB210+112.
So what would be the team’s recommendation?
(This is BESIDES - or rather on top of - the thinking on the preamp/cab sim of course :joy: )

3 Likes