GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Ohhhhh, I can see lots of cool reasons for combining and eq with a compressor (think conturing low end and or high end loss, or keeping it in tact really, plus other fun stuff.
I will let you know, cuz I have one coming on Sunday just to play with for a few minutes.

They are readily available, its called Amazon Prime

I’m pretty nice too, I don’t hold anyone ill will, not even my ex.

But there are plenty of options out there. Why would I go with one where the owner publicly humiliated a customer in social media? There would need to be a compelling reason in the bass for me to look past that.

Like they start building streams or something.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t meant to imply in any way that you are mean people lol. I’m just a big softie when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Yeah… Yeah for sure, this is the only way that I would forgive him. I’m 100% with you on this one :rofl:

1 Like

lol. I do have that. Pretty sure I snuck in this year’s payment before the price increase :eyes:

1 Like

I was talking to someone about Carvin amps here. When I was over at Kiesel’s BBS to look for this apology, I did find mention of Carvin Audio closing doors back in 2017. But someone is updating their website for a President’s Day sale, and blog entries this year…

Edit I did find someone claiming that roasted maple is less prone to “fret sprout” due to being so dry/stable which is f’ing plaguing me right now :joy:

Edit 2 Though this was kinda funny…

“Bonga, I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but Kiesel has stopped offering shades of roasted. If the piece of maple has a relatively high sugar content it can get fairly dark running it for a standard amount of time through the kiln. If not, the only way to get it darker is to roast it longer. However, that extra roasting does cause problems with cracking and splintering.”

1 Like

This is part of the thread if you were looking for it…

2 Likes

Hmmm…
Interesting.
Must be Steve Van, I am pretty sure most of the stuff they have left is the things that flew right on the shelves and never left.
But seriously, yeah, there are some mics and other stuff, IDK if it is like clearance, blowout, everything must go, or if they are trying to bebuild the audio game, or if they are trying a full come back.
I would love to see that happen, buy Carving basses fro Carvin again (not that keisel can be that bad, but when you deal with a retail store with a certain degree or professionalism (and carvin was never anything short of that), then have to deal with a family that just lost major world wide support from a known name, being a relatively unknown family, until you connect them with Carvin, that has to take a lot of heartbeats, and breaths, ad hairs, and gray hairs, etc… to have to deal with an almost overnight rebranding.
It is very fortunate for them they make excellent instruments. It is not so great for them they never took business 101 or 102, or 110 along the way, I think this could have gone a lot smoother has somebody, anybody, known what to do when, to rebrand carvin as keisel and keep the stellar rep in the public eye, and all that.

Then there are going to be all the people hitting them up going "yo bro, its not like you are paying Carvin a percentage for your instruments anymore or licensing fees, what’s the deal bro, why can’t you lower your prices like 50% now, how can you expect us to buy from you for the same price (and now even more) then we bought from you thru Carvin?? Get real dude.

There has to be an amazing shit pile of crap that they had to go thru in a short time to just make sure to survive to the next junction of their life.

And Covid hits during this time, something that hit small, family owned businesses hardest. Yeah, I am sure there are some short fuses tuning around there daily, but who can blame them, its do or die, and it would suck to die not being able to Mae what you love making and are extremely talented at doing it…

Ah, before my time here. I wasn’t even looking on this forum for it. Thank you.

That’ll do. It seemed pretty genuine, and as a sufferer of anxiety myself his experience as explained has mirrored some of my own situations even. 2021 was a hell of a year for me, too. Two outpatient PHP/IOP programs and one stay in a mental hospital against my will (I was fine… tbh they took it too far but well, I guess they can’t risk I wasn’t fine or fine enough).

Lol AMA. It was actually pretty BS how much it costs and what you get for that…

But I digress.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Lets hope 2022 will bring more peace and joy. :hugs:

3 Likes

I sure am glad I was finally able to find this LIKE NEW Carvin BX-500 bass amp head, it is a BEAST. I can’t play it past 1/2 in my apartment anytime after dark. LOL. If I turn it up to 2, my roommate will leave out of the hose. I doubt it will ever see even 4 in this apartment, it will take a gig, or jam session somewhere where I can really open it up and see what it can do.

And I was nowhere near lacking in Any heads, but this was a Carvin, and the model I wanted, and it was available. and I have a 4x10 cab that I can run it thru, or I can run my working man 15 amp 160 watts, thru it as an add on cab for like 220 wats. It doesn’t beat what this Carvin can do, but it held its own with the Gallien Krueger Backline 250 I had.
Hell, the only thing I really need here is my SWR WorkingMan 10, like 80 (extremely loud 80 watts) with one 10" speaker (I am a 10 or even an 8" speaker guy, I like clarity and punch, not so much muddiness, but you can’t beed those low deep ends, but to each their own.

I don’t need another amp, and I still look for a SWR Working man 12, and a SWR working Man add on cab, 1 ten inch speaker that adds onto the working man 10, making the 80 watts like 140. I have no need for it, but for a long time there was one on offer up for a $100 and I found myself starting to start conversations with the seller, but some how managed to hold off.
I wonder if its still around, I bet I could get her down to like $60 for it if it is.
Hell, its gear from the early 90’s, and all PRE Fender stuff. I have found amazing deals that I bought, and have seen crazy asks I wouldn’t consider.

Oh, and the WorkingMan 12, is only so that would complete the set, I would have one of each combo amps.

But I suppose I would have to find whatever add on cab goes with the workingMan 12. I know the x10, and or the 1 x 10 would work, but its not a match, My OCD won’t allow that. Its probably a single 12" cabinet, making the combo amp around 100w and with the add on cab, 165w or something, basically the same as the single WorkingMan 15 cabinet produces.

They are all loud as fuck, so there is no playing them MUCH around here, I gets time in when I gets time in, so I play a lot thru headphones, but if up during the day, I crank an amp a little.

IDK why I just did it, but I have a lot of stuff for sale, and I imagine, I am gong to now add "Will trade for SWR Workingman 12 with Add on Cab, or will trade for Workingman10 add on cab.

It got so bad, somebody wants to buy some stuff from me, and he wants to trade me for a Micro Dark Orange amp. Its a guitar, I got no need for it.
He has one of those cool little Ampeg Micro Stacks. I told him I would love to have that, but its not an even trade, so I a not even asking.
I have absolutely NO NEED for another amp, but then again, that little stack, at 50 wats, might play in this apartment much better then what I got now, maybe I should just give in to all temptation, and buy it.

LOL. No, I am not that weak, careless or stupid. I would happily buy it off him fir what he wants to buy my Line 6 Bass Pod Pro for, which is half of what he is asking for the amp stack. If I could trade him straight across, I would in a heartbeat, because in the end, when I gotta find another place and might not have as much room for what I have, or if I have to serve some time in a Federal country club for a few years, I am going to have to sell things, and I like to buy smart, so even if I have to lower to sell fast, I still at least break even, but more often then not, I make a profit.

Talking about profits, back to the SBV-550, I realize I could list it for double what it paid and probably sell it in an hour in the states. There is literally only one, shipping from Japan, and yesterday there was a different one different color shipping from somewhere overseas, both over $1000 after shipping and tax, and maybe customs and all the good stuff. I am talking about the 550, there are actually 3 500’s on (as of about 20 hours ago when I last looked, and none of them were there a couple days ago, but about 5 others in different colors wee, now all gone.

Apparently there is a huge shortage, and they can’t keep them in stock and people buy for insane prices, and listings don’t last long, so Yes, I can list it for so lets call it $850 to double my price, I know it will sell in days if not hours. But I list it at like $1200 (Ince its in the states and not coming from Japan, it has a much better chance to sell I think) to get triple what I paid, make a little over $800. Yeah, I am going to stick in int the bank until another wild hair…

But now I got myself think, hmmmm…Trade bait. Maybe there is somebody that has a nice German Warwick Corvette of infinity they would like to trade for this bass. Now there is something to think about. Investments out the window, but Warwick is in.

Who knows, I think crazy at these late hours of the night, IDK, Warwick, or cash, I need the cash, I want the Warwick, reason would be flying out the window right about now

That is the most regimented control layout I have ever seen.

1 Like

Da, comrade, da! Straight and true like the hearts of all Soviets!

:joy:

1 Like

I believe they actually started as finger rests, as players were expected to play with their thumb at first, or at least if they wanted too. Now people put them for a vintage look only.

2 Likes

Humidifier in the winter months will help prevent this, and, limit your truss rod movement too!

2 Likes

I been right with there ya. I the first half of 2019 in the hospital and on disability. They set me back to work in April, but I just wasn’t ready and didn’t reel right, so my bright idea, get a head full of coke to make it thru the day, since I could hardly get out of bed without any (from legitimate health reasons), but thats what I did, got a head full of coke for a few weeks just to make it thru those work days, then the real fun, er, um damage began, thats when I said F it and send and found what I was really after, and in about 6 month between April and October 2019 I managed to spend about 80 grand on heroine and fentynal.
I went into a detox in October, I went in to reciprocated withdrawals, I had a 20 day detox til they kicked me out to the residential size, and I had to go on Suboxone maintenance cuz I still was not right. did 50 total days in detox and residential, then I lived in the after care program for a year.
after I got out, and got my own place, I was in the hospital within a week with necrotizing fasciitis , the flesh easing virus on my holes leg below my knee.
the doctor in the hospital would not give me any pain medications AT ALL and my leg felt like it was in a vat of hot wax. he finally broke down and said the only thing he will let me have was methadone. I begged him, literally crying my eyes out screaming, don’t put me on methadone, just treat me like a normal human being in pain.
He said, I can’t cuz you will be an overdose victim within 2 weeks. I said, how do you know this, he says thats what your type does, I said, oh, what’s my type, he said the fentynal junkies that just keep overdosing day in day out.
I told him in over 30 years of drug use and abuse, I have never once overdosed. I would need a turkey baster and a football needle full or drugs to overdose.
So, long story short, he purposefully puts me on super high does of methadone for 20 days I the hospital, kicks e out with 3 days meds with instructions to go to a methadone clinic. So I did that or a while, this I found a great doctor that helped me get off the methadone, and I had to get down to 30 mg a day for a week before I could go to detox for methadone, so I did.
Then I got out 10 days later feeling much much better. My daughter went with her mom to San Diego for an overnight trip, and none of my friends are around (all sober friends at this time), and I get a knock on the door at around 9 am, I yell, go away.
He keeps knocking, Sir, I hit your car in the garage, I yelled, go away, sleeping, leave alone.
Then the managers office calls twice, and then 10 min later, my door bust open (I sleep in the living room of a 1 bedroom) and I looked up like WTF.
He said, I am mainainence, we needed to get you, somebody hit your car in the garage. I told him, STFW, I don’t care, leave me alone. He says, the cops are down there, he was drunk, it was a big deal, you need to get down there.

So, I throw on some closes, kind of half assed, and stumbled out of the door half asleep. I look up towards the stairs to go down to where my car was, ad week was some guy, going, Hey, I hit your car. I am like, So what, I don’t care, and then he said, naw, just kidding, your car is fine, as a 6’5 police officer says, Toby Wood, I have a Federal indictment for your arrest you gotta come with us.

I got out of Federal prison 4 days later, and remain out on bond, and was looking at 20 year mandatory minimum, , but am supposed to be getting a plea offer with no limits so when I go to sentencing, they could actually let me walk, or I can get 5 years, or up to like 14 I guess now, but its much better then 20 year minimum sentence.

So, long story short, this year since has been hell. I have been to the ER about 5 times, most of the time, I Don’t even know where I am when I get there, AND I AM SOBER, its from my TBI, and all the health shit I been dealing with, and trying to pc back together the 10 years of damage I did in 6 months.
I have had to voluntarily check myself into college hospital so I can see a dr and get met for sleep, and once I sleep, I am fine and I get out.

I finally got my knee surgery scheduled for October 8th. On October 29th or something it was my 7th night with no sleep, no drugs, just no sleep, and I was wigging out big time, I had audible hallucinations after there first two nights, and they got worse and worse day 4 and 5, I was talking to people thru my door that were not there, and had full conversations with them, and when I opened the door to let them in, they were not there. Days 6 wass getting super strange, I was talking to people, feeling things touching me thru my bed mattress, I was trying to sleep, and I kept waking up cuz I felt my friend tap my head, and started talking a bunch of stuff about the Feds being on the way down for Ventura for me, but when I opened my eyes he was not hear, and Have a dead bold and chain on my door, so there is no way anyone could have got in, so at least I knew I was hallucinating and not fully believing it, but day 7, I answered a phone call on my phone some lady saying that two DEA agents are coming down from Ventura to pick you up and put you in custody, and I am like, WTF are you even talking about, and she said, you were in Ventura last week and got arrested 3 times in 30 hours, spent time in the holding cell, and then wee taking to the hospital. I said "No, that was Kyle, not me, he was up in Ventura and went missing a few days and we found him in the hospital beat to shit after the cops went to down on him, thats not me.
Then I went to hang up the phone, and the phone was not on there was never anybody on the phone, it never rang, ,I was talking to nobody on the phone
The whole time I never had any VISUAL hallucinations every time I opened my eyes, or opened the door, nobody was there, but I was trying to sleep, and my friend was back in my room and he was saying all sorts of shit like, I set you up good, they DEA gonna be here in 2 hours, they asked me in interrogation if you were moving pills from OC to Ventura once a week, and I told them No, he is going 50k pills a day from OC to Ventura county.
I opened my eyes and said, get the fuck out of here, and again was not there. (for the record, I am not a drug dealer, I have no criminal record, I just have a wrong place, wrong time doing wrong thing with wrong people kind of case against me, and its from back in October of 2018 They arrested me almost 18 months later, but they showed up at my rehab and had a warrant for my phone in Jan of 2020, it was April 2021 I got arrested)
so back to the story, I am freaked out, I don’t know what is real and what is not, I have my blinds slightly open so I can see out my front door, and around 12, I got another phone call about them coming for me, and again, there was nobody on the phone, the phone was not even on.
So around noon, I have my first totally visual hallucination, with audible, the whole 9 yards, but I saw two Feds or Marshals standing outside my door, and I heard them talking about breaching, and should they come in the front or go around the back. The one guy said there’s no back, just this front door, so they said fall back and wait for Special Agent Davis (one of the names of my arresting federal agents), so I heard that, and saw the and flipped.
I called my parents, freaked out and said, IDK what the fuck is going on, but I might be going back to Federal prison holding in La County. They asked why, I told them everything, and that I was probably hallucinating the whole thing, but IDK what to do. I called my lawyer and asked her if there are any warrants out for me, and explained to her what was going on, and she said, its probably nothing, just stay inside. I asked what to do if cops come to the door, she said answer it, and tell them to call your lawyer first thing out of your mouth.
So my parents came over and calmed me down, but I decided to check back into college hospital 24 hour voluntary stay, so I can see a doc, get some meds and get some sleep.
They told me, we can give you Ativan or Ambian. I thought (dangerous thing to do in that state of mind), Hmmm I have not had Ambian in years, I used to sleep like a baby, but of course, I drank like a fish, and took them after I got. few in, and felt great every night I had them, so yeah, lets try that.
STUPID DR;s, WTF. They gave me, admittedly in full psychosis, with full on hallucinations a semi hypnotic sedative
I won’t even go to much into details, but an hour after I took it, I was convinced the staff was trying to kill me, I stye my phone from them and called 911, and made them send police, and when they goth there, I accused him of being in on it, I told them they need to get me a superior officer down here, cuz this place is trying to kill us all, they sell us to bidders that kill us however they want, and they sold me out to my X wife, who hates me and wants me dead.
After that it was a blur, until about 40 hours later when I was in a hospital, fully intubated, in 4 point restraints, and asking where the fuck I was.
They said HOAG hospital. I started FREAKING out I screamed at the top of my lungs, get me the fuck out of this hospital now, take me anywhere else, but I will not stay here (this is the hospital that had the dr who is really not a dr, he runs the rehab program at the hospital, that would not give me normal pain meds and put me on methadone that took 5 months to get off.

So I am screaming, and they are telling me, scream all you want, its 2 am on Sunday (I checked into that place on Thursday night). I said I don’t care, call an Ambulence, and take me to Fountain Valley or Orange County regional now. They asked if I remembered the 4 point restraints, I said yes, but can’t be too sure of it, and they said, stay calm so you don’t have to go back into them, and somehow they barred me out or something, cuz I was back asleep til about 9 am when the nicest dr I have ever had came in to talk to me and ask why I want to leave Hoag so badly, and I told her the story of the methadone guy. And then the time I was on life support with sepsis and pneumonia and the dr wrote a letter to all my doctors and pharmacists and told them I was a drug seeker, and I told her like 5 other things that happened there, and told them they always treat me sub human.
She asked if she minded if she looked at my file, I said, of course, go for it.
So
there is all sorts of BS, about me being violent when seeking drugs , I explained they always try to give me anti phychotic meds, and they make me hallucinate and act out very aggressively, so I told to stupid doctor, just give me some Xanax and a shot of Fentynal, and you will e able to do whatever you want with me. Well she hit me with more anti psychotics, and I ripped out all my iv’s and took off the arm cuff, and took off towards the frond door, I was leaving (I don’t remember any of this, Have just been told by my parents who were there).
Finally they had to put me in an induced coma, I was in septic shock, and had pneumonia, and the whole 8 days I was out with kidney failure, and they had to kill an infection in my kidneys, that lady tried to convince my parents that I was here cuz I was detoxing Xanax.
When I woke up out of the coma and heard this I was like, NO, you kind of have to take Xanax to withdraw from it, and she said, yeah, you got a rx of Xanax on December 3rd, today is Jan 5th, you ran out and are now in with drawls. First of all, it was like stupid .25 mg Xanax, and I traded them for Roxy’s anyway. I was messed up in the beginning of December 2018, around the time my charge is from, but I cleaned myself up kicking in my house over Christmas break and was clan when I went in, so no lady, I am not withdrawing from Xanax. if anything it is Fentynal from Roxy pills, but I have not done any in weeks.

So, this wonderful doctor Strats removing and correcting everything in my file. took out that I have seizure disorder (I don’t). Added back in my allergies to anti psychotic meds that I always tell them I am allergic to, but they never record it it and use them on me anyway. it says drug seeker. (yeah, I dome to the hospital and going a coma to get some drugs, yeah, that sounds about right, NOT)
it said a bunch of other stuff like I was suicidal and violent and they had in their files I had multiple drug felony charges, which is total bull shit, Have no charges ever, and whatever else needed fixing she did. she was my dr for the next 2 days, and then I went home. I had to reschedule my knee surgery because of it, so I pushed it from Oct 8th to Nov 1st.
a few days later, my mom had to take me back to the ER for some reason or the other, and I said we should go to fountain valley hospital, but she said, lets try Hoag, its right here, and maybe that doctor fixed your file.

Well, I walked in and was treated 100% the opposite of how I had been treated the last 10 years. They took me back, gave me a little sedative, and I had pain, but had taken Suboxone that day which can block certain opiats, but apparently it has a symbiotic effect with morphine, so I was telling the Dr to do morphine. he said, I will, if that what you really want, but are you willing to try non narcotic pain meds first. I said sure, what you got.
Torodol.
NOPE, that is crap
Ketamine
SIGN ME UP
So he had me on a ketamine drip, and took care of whatever was going on with me, I really don’t remember
but it was amazing, and I can now go back to that hospital and be treated human, and they barred that dr from the rehab from ever being on one of my cases.

I had leg surgery on the first of November. I was In the hospital for 8 days, then had to go to a rehab facility for another 2 weeks before going home

I had the holidays and saw my girls, at least 2 of them, the other still doesn’t speak to me.

Sometime in December, I took too much Xanax I guess, on accident, cuz I don’t remember anything after taking the first one, but I trashed my place, and was on the floor (with a 1 month old knee replacement) yelling for help at around 4 am.
The upstairs neighbor came down, and I guess I just asked her for a pillow
Whe was nice and told me about it the next day, but those pills really mess me up sometimes, cuz I take the prescribed dose, and totally black out after that, so now I only take 1/2 of one.
I was back in the hospital for a few times in January.
One Feb 1st I scheduled my next knee replacement, for March 4th, but my Lawyer made me postpone it til late in March or early April cuz there is some court dates that I have to be right in the head for. Jury trial is set for march 22nd, but I am not going to trial. I actually can’t go to trial, its an automatic 20 years minimum. they don’t have to get a Jury to find me guilty for what happened, they just need to get them to say I aided and abetted, and they both carry the same sentence in Federal courts. We are waiting for their pleas, if its to here by March 14th, then they will push the trial date back about 6 months or so
But I rescheduled it for April 1st, so not too long a wait.

I went to the hospital on Monday for Covid test (you need to take them to have any procedures or surgeries, then on Tuesday, at 8 am I had to go to get a pick line. they seriously gave me a medical ID card that I needed Mohave on me in case a sop asked why I have a pick line. They put it in and sent me home. Then I drank the juice starting at 5pm on Tuesday, and went in to the hospital for the colonoscopy at 9 am on Wed.
These FUCKERS forgot to take the pick liken out when they were done with it and sent me home. I just got home, in bad pain from the colonoscopy, and tied as hell and just want to sleep, and the lady from the hospital calls me and says, we forgot to take the pick line out, we need you to come back right away. I told her it is not possible to come today. she said, have our mom bring you, you live with her. NO I don’t she lives in Irvine, and is 80, she ca’t be running around in rush hour traffic to get me back to fix your mistake.
she said that I had to come in or they will calll the police. I said, fine, call them, I am going to bed, so do whatever you got to do. she kept calling, but I put it on silent, and fell asleep. She called my mom like 10 times trying together her to take me back in, they said it could get infected.
I said NO, its cuz I have a history of heroin use, and you guys think I am using, no, trust me, if I was going to be hitting that pick line, I would’ve started 10 min after leaving the hospital with it.
So my roommate wakes me up, he is at the front door standing half outside talking to two cops. The made him get me up, and go talk to them even tho I could have talked to them from where I am.
my roommate didn’t want to let them in the house, afterwards, I told them if they had access to my files, they would know they have the right to come in my place at any time of day or night, with or without probably cause.

The cop was cool, he gave me then number to a guy at the hospital and asked me to call and take care of it so they don’t have to keep coming out to check on me.

I called him and he was not going to take no for an answer was practically ordering me an uber to come get me when I told him "Look Fucker, You fucks had me come in 24 hours before a Proceedure to put a pick line in. they could have done it the same day. But I was out of the hospital for 24 hours with a pick line, so, you can, no, you will wait another 24 hours, after I have gotten some rest and feel better. He finally caved and said, ok, do you know what time. I said 9 or 10, but I turned my ringer of, so I missed all my calls. They called my roommate to wake me up and my buddy was freaking out, dude, these guys are gonna 5150 you if you don’t go get the pick line out. I am like, fine, I will go, tell that hospital rat to call me.
He set up an uber, took about 1/2 hour to wait for the uber and get there. I get there and only like 2 people know I am coming and what I am coming for.
common conversation with everybody I tased to there
common question. - what are you here for
common answer - to get this removed (pointed at pick line)
common question - Why did you get a pick line
common answer - because I had a colonoscopy
common question - why do you need a pick line for a colonoscopy
common Answer - cuz their Flobotomist (sp? )sucks ass and couldn’t find a vein at the surgical center

so, as I grow inpatient, cuz they told meet would be easy in, easy out, but I knew it would take hours to really get done, why I refused to go when I just got home from the Proceedure and I felt like ass.

So finally the common questions are all the same and the common answers are all the same until, there was a cop and a sherif with a patient in custody, and they kept hearing what they wee asking me, so eventually my last answer changed from cuz your person couldn’t find a veiniest to
"because I was a huge heroine addict, and I shot out EVERY SINGLE vein I have up and down both arms, shoulders, chests, but there is always the neck.

I just got bored and the look on the ops face was priceless.

So I am doing a bit better now, almost normal.

so yeah, you are not alone here, this last time in rehab, I stayed a freaking year, just to make it work, and I was so broken, I needed mass help picking the pcs up to.

Its been a round 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, hoping for something better in 2022, but I will be lucky if I am not in prison by years end. Its Federal time, low level, so its easy time, but its federal, so you serve every day of your sentance

The messed up thing is, I have always been a huge drug addict, but never much of a seller, I did more then I sold. there was a Craigs list add set up o my account by a person I bought drugs from, and then he started selling them to me like really cheap, his cost, of $12 a pill, not the $25-$30 they sell for. The craigslist add and an app was put on y phone that makes fake phone numbers, so the craigslist ass was set up with the number to the app on my phone.

and the dead guy had text messages to my phone, showing he tried to pick up like 3 times the night he died. I didn’t sell to him, but the other guy did, cuz he was asking for bars, and I was never selling Xanax, so the communication where the kid used my phone makes it look like he was meeting me and piking up a large amount.

I was served a federal indictment, that means no due process, or pre trial, straight to trial. I never got a phone call for 3 days when they picked me up, nobody knew whee I went
the federal indictment means they can hold me anywhere they want as long as they want without saying anything
the original charge on the indictment is

Knowingly selling Fentanyl causing great bodily harm and or death
I am out on $65000 bond and on pre trial probation

Like I stay, I have to plea out, cuz they will nail me for aiding and abetting cuz the stuff on my phone and craigslist account.
But I have a decent chance to walk, and just have like long term probation

They reduced the charge to aiding and abeddtnd, not selling, which is good news. the Plea should have no floor, meaning no recommended minimum Sentence, but it will all come down to what the judge decides. I could do 14 year, to zero time with probation.

Ok, I have not slept for 48 hours, don’t worry, no hallucinations, I am just nodding off at the computer, so I am signing of now.
Probably a good thing, I have no clue what I just wrote about

But again,

@Koldunya you are not alone here. some have done way worse, some ave done way less, but we all live with some type of something and it always helps to not feel so alone

3 Likes

It actually is a tug bar, so naming it a thumb rest might be wrong :wink:

3 Likes

Just a bit more information to add to the previous answer.
It’s called a tug bar. It’s a hangover from upright bass players moving to the new style of bass. Leo Fender thought in the early days of the bass guitar that players would pluck the strings with their thumb and rest their right-hand fingers on the tug bar while resting the heel of their right hand on the chrome pickup cover. Almost an immobile hand position. They didn’t have to worry about string muting because the bridge cover had a strip of foam rubber glued to its underside. The object was to get a thumpy sound more like an upright acoustic bass. Starting in the early ‘70s, more electric bassists were using their fingers, and also slapping and popping, so the tug bar got moved to the bass side of the strings to act as a thumb rest while playing fingerstyle. Some basses (Guilds in particular) came with both a thumb rest and tug bar installed, and slap-and-pop players generally removed them entirely.

4 Likes

I had a peek in the manual for the Exponent 500, and there is no MIDI control over the effect loop. You godless Nordic heathens!

:rofl:

I guess there is still hope with their 7-pin footswitch connector…

On that note, I have not slept yet and this is when I should be waking up, or at least slapping my alarm silent… welp…

1 Like

Thank you. Back from the hospital. Going back on Monday to change bandages. But even now, though I cannot move the shoulder a lot still. I actually feel like it is attached right. Not like last few months when I constantly felt like the shoulder was somehow floating on my body and a wrong or quick move could pop it out. The most bizarre thing was the fact that it didn’t hurt. It made an absolutely maddening sound every time. (Heard more through bones than ears … if you know what I mean. ) But I could push it out … with the same ******* sound … back with my other hand. Creepy AF.

I played bass through it although E and A were off the limit and I popped the shoulder out a couple of times when I forget and did some quick riff, move, or … just forgot. :smiley: But, as most of us here … I simply love Bass, and you can have a lot of fun with 3 slow notes and a good drum loop. :slight_smile: So be it!

Full autonomy?! One can understand …

Good luck to you too, @T_dub !

ps: I am still a bit off because of the anesthesia I guess. I wrote it and I think it’s English. But I am quite not sure if it makes any sense somehow. So sorry if not… :smiley:

4 Likes

So, my Peaveyphilia continues. Here is my lates acquisition, will pick it up in a week or so:

It’s an 80’s vintage Peavey fury P-bass, and it has the same neck as my Patriot. The plan is to transfer the Steve Harris pups into it.

8 Likes