GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Nice, I love these…they have a subwoofer too?
Please share

1 Like

@PamPurrs @John_E make sure to submit for your commission. One of us should be getting a kickback from Sweetwater.

9 Likes

I have another set coming and now decided one more too!

Let us know how you like them.

3 Likes

you guys make them tempting

4 Likes

Actually three more. Ugh

2 Likes

Used them here if this helps…

3 Likes

My only GHS try was the FLEA signature strings. I was not overly impressed with them. TBH, its probably more that I like a lighter gauge of strings (.095, or better yet, .090 E string, with .07 to .075 A string) under my fingers and have grown very accustomed to that. I can’t say there was anything wrong with the sound. Maybe I will look for a set in light or super light gauge and try them again. Course if they are over $20 a set, I will still choose my D’Addario Super light gauge ($16 on amazon) or EB Extra Slinky’s (blue pack - $19 on amazon) before those, but if they feel right, they could be another consideration when purchasing strings for me.

Love to hear how you like them @DaveT

3 Likes

Oh, that’s a new pack. The last pack I used was still black like they’ve been for decades :joy:

blah, zZounds really dropped the ball on my order… I guess I won’t get those speakers Friday, so another day of noisy hellscape and/or headphones. They first emailed me about a problem and to respond when it was fixed. I did that, copied and pasted the response to proceed with my order. It took them like eight hours to finally respond just to say they only got “thick black lines they couldn’t read” and could I send it again. -- this time I manually typed the response in a web browser, where I still could clearly read my first email response --

I bet if they had bothered to highlight those “thick black lines” the text would have been legible in whatever nonsense they are reading emails in.

Oh well, so much for my super power, I never got those adapters, either XD

I should not be awake, but I napped after work due to stress/anxiety.

2 Likes

my only experience with GHS was a bead set, the light gauge set. I couldn’t stand them, the B was super floppy. My mistake, but haven’t tried them since but open to a more sensible guage

1 Like

Well. 50/50 in my mind if my Harley will get here later on today. It cleared customs in Kentucky and is on the move again. It’s iffy if they fly it to Seattle that they can get it out for local delivery today, tomorrow is more likely. If its on a plane.

Which is okay, the pickup is due to arrive on Friday anyway.

3 Likes

So… my newused Fender American Deluxe Dimension arrived yesterday. Surprisingly, it sounds very different from my MiM Deluxe. I love the neck on it, and the non-burst finish is very welcome.

Unfortunately, it’s not as “mint” as the Reverb ad implied. So I spent most of yesterday cleaning it up. I should be done with all of that today, and I’ll get some pictures posted after.

But now the hard decision has to be made. Sell the MiM Deluxe Dimension, or the MiM Player Jazz? So conflicted.

6 Likes

Unless you “need” the money, perhaps the question is why sell, or better yet, why sell so quickly. Use both for a while and see what grows on you.
No rush to sell ever unless baby needs a new pair of shoes or ain’t nuttin goin on but da rent.

3 Likes

So… we had budgeted $X for my birthday, and this bass was twice that. The deal I made with my GF (who is the family CFO) was that I would sell one of my other basses to recoup the extra money.

I could sell something else to make up the difference, but basses are the only things I have multiples of, that I could sell one and not be without… like, I have my MTB, and that would cover the difference, but I only have one MTB.

5 Likes

The Player Jazz is much easier to replace, other than that, don’t have any advice. But you know that, hard to give up one of your kids

3 Likes

Sell them both, no one needs more than one bass. :innocent:

:wink:

5 Likes

Amazingly, the Harley is out on the truck for delivery. Against all logic, you can buy a bass in Germany for less money, and get it shipped to the West Coast faster, than if you bought from Sweetwater, Guitar Center, or Chicago Music Exchange.

It’s Thursday. I ordered it over the weekend and it’s coming. And that’s with losing a day when it sat in Cologne for over 24 hours waiting for a flight.

This is craziness folks

8 Likes

confused

I don’t… even know… what those words… mean.

7 Likes

Also, the adapters came in:

5 Likes

I don’t have them at the same time can you post pictures side by side please. Is the pickup position same in both. I know the USA model the HH the bridge pickup is lower and closer to the bridge than the H model. There’s more zing on the HH model bridge only. Thanks

3 Likes

It’s Latin or Sanskrit phrase I think. Not sure exactly what it means. May be he said they are like children and hold on to both, lol.

5 Likes