GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

yeah. I’m going to ask for a refund and if he balks let Reverb deal with it.

Edit Worst part is, he’ll have two days to respond, and then I don’t get refunded UNTIL he gets it back :unamused: kind of a mini disaster…

4 Likes

Let us know how it goes with reverb.

I’ve never had to do it yet but I heard some horror stories. This should be simple enough though, if it’s shipped through reverb it’s insured to the entire purchase amount, if the seller didn’t get the insurance then it’s on the seller 100%.

6 Likes

I think that is the way to go. I bought used from Reverb a couple of months ago and had to send the seller descriptions on the condition of the items because he listed the bass as mint. I received with pick scratches all over the body and pickguard. $200 later I had it in mint condition.

3 Likes

LMAO he denied the refund almost immediately. He didn’t add a note or anything. Maybe he’s messaging me something salty right now.

4 Likes

Game on, let us know how it turns out.

3 Likes

I’m going through that now. I’m 14 days in.

4 Likes

I remember reading this just before purchase. Oof.

I did this whole chat thing and now it’s just sitting there repeatedly disconnecting. I’ll stop posting about this in GAS now :eyes:

4 Likes

Hopefully you’ll have a smoother experience. Take photos of the packaging. They will request them.

4 Likes

I did. The craziest thing is the outer box doesn’t have a tear there or anything. It had to have taken a big hit. Only regret is I didn’t take a pic when I first opened the box and went “wtf?” when I could see the headstock and no inner box.

5 Likes

Wait a minute here. So now you’re a B6 and a G6 deep.

This is some serious avoidance of letting yourself get the actual solution :rofl:

(I know, they are kind of unobtanium right now. Sorry for the ribbing, the G6 looks great too :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Is the missing chuck in the box? To me it looks like it was shipped damaged. Such impact would show on the box.

3 Likes

I spent a third the price on both though :joy: and I’m happy with what I got

3 Likes

Yeah I really like Zoom’s stuff. For the price it’s really hard to beat.

2 Likes

Good call. I think I thought of that earlier and got distracted taking pics. ADHD brain goes brrrrr

3 Likes

I find myself GASsing for a 5 string… and wondering, why not a six? :thinking:

This way lies madness and divorce! :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah, there’s no way that amount of damage to the bass body wouldn’t be visible on a flimsy cardboard box.

2 Likes

And at least one too many strings! :rofl:

2 Likes

yeah I feel the same … it must have been a pretty serious impact !

5 Likes

Absolutely. That thing did some serious bouncing before it was placed in a shipping box.

2 Likes

Oh, man. I just got candy!

Rootbeer Barrel, Smarties, Tootsie Roll, Fireball. Good hall.

13 Likes