GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

I myself am a sucker for a Tele Bass so I would do it but that’s a low bar

7 Likes

Ehhem…

7 Likes

He is bringing it in the morning. I just ordered strap locks (Ernie Ball black) and a Levy’s 4.5 inch strap. Gotta dress it up.

6 Likes

I’ve read online that the Quarter Pounders were hum free. Looking to hear your report on how it sounds

5 Likes

I have Quarter Pounder’s in the P/J and they are hum free no matter the position. P, J or blended.

5 Likes

Yeah I have Quarter Pounders in my Double P, and being split coils they don’t have any hum; but the 51 single coil design is prone to hum. I have heard the 51 QP doesn’t have it, and if it’s anything like the QP J (which I don’t have) then that’s good. Thanks

4 Likes

Congratulations @EddieJones

4 Likes

that looks like a whole lot of bass for the money

4 Likes

I have a Warmoth P/J from him and it is my number one. If this one is to the same levels of my P/J, it is going to be a good one.

5 Likes

Congrats @EddieJones! Enjoy!

4 Likes

The company that made the neck seems to make them at a super high level of quality! I also checked out the reviews on the necks. Over 2000 reviews that rave about the quality and perfection they are built with.

https://freestoneguitars.com/

5 Likes

Since this is popular around here…

https://www.proaudiostar.com/boss-waza-air-bass-personal-bass-amplification-system.html

Sale down to $380 from $420

6 Likes

Thank you for the heads up @eric.kiser, I had a chance to use the TLC today and really like it. I needed a compressor on my pedal board and the sale made it a no brainer. Careful with the candy, I think it is made in China :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

The bass is here. Pictures did not do it justice. It is beautiful and the neck is like a work of art. The pickup is a Fender Custom Shop quarter pounder. I looked it up and it exists.

6 Likes

No pictures does even less justice, lol.

6 Likes

Let’s see some nice pics!

4 Likes

I’ll get pics when I get home from work.

5 Likes

Actually, I took it out of the case he gave me and took pics. Maybe not the best quality but here they are. The neck is beautiful.

13 Likes

Looks like really good quality!

4 Likes

Love the satin natural, that is a beauty. Let us know how it sounds.

5 Likes