GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

He had the redwood Jazz also. It is beautiful as well. But I can only get the one I got. He put new Ken Smith strings on it and set it up to a medium low action. The body looks a lot nicer than the photos, they make it look a little washed out to how it looks in real life.

3 Likes

7 Likes

His work on putting these things together is impeccable and he really takes time to get everything set up perfectly…at least on the two I have gotten from him. Oh, and he gave me an old Mars Music case for it. Works perfectly for it’s purpose.

5 Likes

Lol tell your boss you feel sick and go home to plug that baby up!

3 Likes

Everyone at work is “oohing and aahing” over it. The said it looks like wood from a coffee table.

6 Likes

I really looked hard at that one last night on his Reverb site, but the pics made it look like part of the body didn’t absorb the stain (left side). I need another bass like I need a hole in the head, but the redwood body interested me. I feel the need to entrust my wife with my wallet for the rest of the weekend or else I will be putting another guitar hanger on the wall :face_with_spiral_eyes:

6 Likes

The pics online don’t look like it does in person. He did say redwood is super tough to work with. It looks like light is hitting it from one side in his pics. I asked him to send me better pics by phone. I’ll post if he does.

5 Likes

That is a gorgeous bass!

5 Likes

He sent me pics of the Jazz. He said there is no stain, just tung oil and poly and lots of rubbing in.

He said it was just the color of the wood at that area.

7 Likes

Beautiful bass! Congrats!

5 Likes

Thanks. With the quality of the parts and the good setup he gave it, it should sound and play beautifully

5 Likes

That’s a beauty.
. Easiest is tru-oil, it is more expensive but just a few bucks and even a small bottle would last you a very long time. Most people use tungoil, or boiled linseed oil because it’s cheaper, not better. It only make sense if you are a luthier like the Highland Guitar guy, lol.

5 Likes

Got my Waza Air-Bass a few weeks ago for $320. Deals are out there.

5 Likes

Beautiful! Now, if only it had a matching headstock, it would be a real stunner… :smile:

5 Likes

Not a moment too soon. My T-Bass has arrived. The action a little high and the nut could have been cut a bit deeper and I don’t know about the flat screws saddle just yet. There’s a definite hum when I don’t touch the string, I’ll see if I could take it out with better grounding if not then split coil it is.

Uploading: B63D1DEB-E712-40DE-B6F2-B61056E919B3.jpeg…

11 Likes

I know they called this a blonde, but what color is it? It looks kinda pink in the pics.

5 Likes

We’ll light dirty rose blonde, lol.

5 Likes

Cool. Congrats, Al!

4 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous; I always wanted a tele bass, well, since the journey started

5 Likes

Nice! Another tele bass!

Mine should get here Monday it looks like.

The hum should be real, so I’ve already opted for a split coil from Fralin. Nordstrand also makes a split coil I believe, and Duncan makes a stacked. Also hear Duncan’s Quarter is hum free, and apparently the Fender Custom Shop has a Quarter Pounder of it’s own.

I haven’t looked into the option at all…

6 Likes