GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Yes you can, that is one of the purposes. Capture ideas you get spur of the moment, name, organize and catalog them

You can use it for playback thru your amp. You can playback thru pedals so you can get the right sound for it. You can almost use it for a looper, but a looper, like in your B3n does a better job of that.
You can almost use your looper like this pedal, but without the unloading of the riff (at least not the looper in the Zoom) in mp3 or wav (or others possibly), but this pedal does a better job of what it does then a looper would.

If that makes sense.

I will know much more when I get mine tomorrow.

4 Likes

Let us know what you think and I’ll add it to my GAS list.

2 Likes

Just add it already, @gcancella

Actually let’s look at it from another angle.
it’s already on the list, if I return it, you can scratch it off. :joy::rofl:

I will be sure to report.

I have a no harm / no foul in place on this pedal.
I have Amazon credit to cover it. I have not thought of anything else to use it on other then another Zoom MS-60b, but not in need.

If I don’t like it, it goes back, credit returned.
Easy Peary lemon squeezer.

3 Likes

The problem for me…
If I buy this pedal, I will need a new power supply, plus a mount for under my pedalboard. I quite possibly would also need a larger pedalboard.
So this is more than buying a pedal; it would be crawling into another rabbit hole.

4 Likes

It’s actually a pretty small pedal.

Is it possible to link one of your other pedals for power? I forget if to have any pedals order then the Zoom. I am not sure if the B3n can link power or not, I know the B1four can not, but I think the MS-60 can, and it is closer in design to the B3n, so maybe there is a 9v power out from it? If there is, that might take care of the power, space I think you are fine.
But if that’s not how you roll, you can leave it on your list til next Bassavesary, when you upgrade pedalboard. Lol.

However, if you get to needing this, for what it is, it doesn’t need to be on your pedalboard, it’s not so much a performing pedal ( maybe there are uses, but for me it’s to store things I create, that my brain won’t store short term) and you can set it up on the side when you are wanting to record things you come up with spontaneously.

Idk, GAS lists are never-ending, and fun if you don’t let them get the best of you

4 Likes

@T_dub can you post the link for that device again? I was in the middle of performing gal bladder surgery when I asked you about it earlier, and thought I had added it to my Amazon cart, but now can’t find it. Apparently I was distracted when the patient yelped out in pain when the anesthesiologist fell asleep while I was cutting through a muscle. I really need to learn not to perform surgery while chatting on BassBuzz.
No worries, the patient is fine and resting in the recovery room right next to the anesthesiologist .
If you have the Amazon link, that would be awesome.

5 Likes

Probably right next to where you’ll be when your spouse reads this. :wink:

4 Likes

Never mind @T_dub the anesthesiologist just woke up and it turns out she had it on her phone. She was reading the reviews during my gal bladder procedure and dozed off.

I have it on Sweetwater and Amazon. Now I just have to see if my SweetH20 rep can get me a sweet deal.

3 Likes

Sorry @PamPurrs for late reply. Food poisoning wiped me out for a day and a half.

Wish I had a face mask on when I ate that food.

Still a little off, but better. Glad you found what you were looking for, thank the Anesthesiologist for me.

5 Likes

For Size reference, here is the WIRETAP next to my tabletop setup I was playing with today, testing out my new Muff.

I just got the Wiretap this afternoon, 30 min before I had to leave, and have not had a chance to use it yet. I will post my thoughts on it in my thread called “Unboxing - pedalboard build”
Or something like that. (I need to learn how to link them here when in the middle of a reply)

I think you can find room on your board.
Plus, Inam not sure it needs to have a permanent home on your board @PamPurrs, it’s not gonna be used for any performance, unless you really need to loop something you don’t have room for in he B3n. Of course it could be handy in jam sessions when collaborating on songs. But if it were separate, you could pass it to other bassists, guitarists, keyboardist, vocalist, anybody wanting to record their bit.
You could have it at your lesson, if you are stuck playing something with a certain rhythm you can’t get the timing right, the teacher could plug it in, play it in the correct rhythm, then you can take it home, and use it to practice to, and have it played correctly instead of trying to remember it on your own.
Idk , just spitballing here, I see lots of possibilities for it on YT he board, or to keep it solo. :+1:t2:

Again, I have not used it yet, so I can’t comment on the app, weather the iOS version works well or not.

2 Likes

Yay, Big Muff. Try putting a chorus after it, love that combination.

3 Likes

Yes, I decided to return the Source Audio.
Not because it is not incredible, it’s a control thing, I will talk more about it in the other thread. It was a tough decision, but well… I will explain there.

3 Likes

Well, I got some gear… nothing much, but I got tired of my Boss TU-3 tuner eating 9V batteries when not in use, so I bought a power supply on Amazon for it.

I never liked batteries, and I never figured out why that TU-3 kept eating batteries (even completely unplugged). Otherwise, I really love the TU-3 as a inline tuner. Very easy to read as opposed to my Korg (which is nice, but LCD and my aging eyes can’t read is as easily).

3 Likes

As I expressed in another post I’ve had a P bass itch I’ve been wanting to scratch for a while now so while browsing the inter web today I found this at an absolute steal.

And it should be with me in 2 days :crazy_face:
It a non-working customer return due to electrics problems which suits me fine as the plan will be to replace the electrics,pickups,bridge,etc over time and also swap the neck for a jazz style one. I realise it isn’t a particularly economical way to do this but I can do this over time and as “bargains” appear.
I hold you all responsible :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

Hey @Mac,
You just have to man up and except responsibility for your own GAS disorder, we are only here to provide encouragement to all our fellow forum members or as @Lanny say’s “BRO’S.:joy::rofl::nerd_face:
Cheers Brian.

7 Likes

As long as the body is straight you have steal! You probably would have replaced those electronics anyway.

5 Likes

Thanks bro @TNKA36 :joy:

Yep I was going to swap out the pots etc so it was a no brainer to press the “add to cart “ button @kwt7667 :+1:

4 Likes

Sounds like a steal BroMate :joy:

4 Likes

I feel trolled by the guy who sells his Herr Schwarz.

I just got an E-Mail “Herr Schwarz wurde im Preis reduziert” (Price has gone down for the article I observe) and I go on to check… The price reduction is from 2000€ to 1999€… :expressionless:

5 Likes

Oh wow.
That’s desperate.

4 Likes