Get your motivation and/or support here!

It might sound odd, but even holding the bass can help because it keeps you connected - literally - with the instrument and adds to the familiar feeling of it. While it’s hanging there you might as well do a couple of scales.

Indeed. I’ve been in a bit of a rut lately but I’ve stripped it back and am trying to only play the simpler bass lines just so I can lose myself in the sound and simple repetition rather than having to concentrate.

I’ve also jumped back a few modules to play along with the lesson exercises, just for the company and motivation that comes with playing with somebody - even if they’re just a recording.

4 Likes

Yeah, I saw it a long time ago when it first came out. I didn’t recognize the photos.

1 Like

I am with you. If you pick it up, you never regret it. I’m thinking, “Yeah, that’s the groove.” Very satisfying. Even if for just 10 minutes.

Best of all, it’s calorie free! :laughing:

2 Likes

Better known for his guitar work and vocals - that’s what he does on stage - but also an accomplished musician on keys and drums, and definitely a bassist at heart.

Not sure if he still does, but on his first (big) album, Mama Said, he played every instrument. It’s an album to check for bass lines serving the music.

5 Likes