Gibson 5 string available

Hope this is OK…

I’ve moved on from both my Fender Rumble 100 (100W 12") combo amp and my Gibson EB-5 5 string bass. Both are mint, without a mark and have all original docs and packaging.

If you’re worried about a 5-string… I promise you will be forced to learn good technique lol, and it’s a lot easier than you think. I moved to a short scale Gibson SG because I play old school stuff

Rumble 100 is SOLD

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful bass. I’d be interested if I was in the market, but I’m tapped out from recently buying the Rumble 500 amp head and cab.

I agree, playing a 5 string is just like playing a 4 string but with some conveniently located extra tones (plus the strings are closer together, which I like). Some people don’t like playing 5 string, but I love it… I’ll never go back to 4 strings.

3 Likes

Maybe we’ll get together and jam a little some time, since we’re both in Phoenix.

Rumble 500? I’ll show you a real amp… And you can show me how to actually play :joy:

I do enjoy the 5, but I really wasn’t using the B. I make my living on the A.

3 Likes

Just a thought… You’re welcome to check it out, and if you think you’d like it I’d be happy to hold it til you’re ready. I’m not in any hurry and I don’t need the money.

3 Likes

Yeah if we can find a location in between us. I’m in San Tan Valley and you’re somewhere NW if I’m not mistaken. We’re probably around 60-70 miles apart.

2 Likes

I’m in south Scottsdale, so it’s not quite that bad lol. I’m happy to go wherever. I’m quite used to driving an awful lot.

1 Like

Oh I was somehow under the impression you’re way NW especially when you said the Mesa Guitar Center is so far away lol.

Lol completely understandable. I do field service for may day job (including San Tan), so I already drive all over the valley and just incorporate that into wherever I want to go. I routinely drive 20-30 miles just to go out to eat to a specific restaurant lol

1 Like

Where I live, those miles are just to go to the grocery store LOL

2 Likes

Lol self-inflicted for choosing to live in lovely San Tan! But it is a pretty nice area. I looked at buying a place there, but I really needed to be more centrally located for work.

1 Like

It was what I could afford at the time. I have a nice little house and the value has more than doubled since I bought it. It’s a nice quiet neighborhood except for this one person who always starts practicing bass at 5 am.

3 Likes

Sorry, hope that didn’t come across as judgmental. Every decision has a grip of factors going in to it. We all have to make that decision that works best for our situation. Last time I bought a house, I chose it specifically because of its cost and mortgage payment, so that unemployment would cover it if I was laid off again… Which is exactly what happened lol. Glad to hear your decision has worked out so well for you. Lots of peace of mind there

2 Likes