GK MB115 1x15 200W

Anyone have experience with this amp? A local guy is selling the one pictured below. I believe its the last gen style? The guys is asking $60, which sounds too good to be true. I facebook stalked him and his profile pics lead one to believe he’s a real musician. So I asked him the reason he’s selling it. He says that he upgraded and part of the reason is at full volume there is a slight buzz. He says its the cab and not the speaker. Obviously I’m going to have him demo it before I’d walk away with it. But my use for it is to jam with a drummer friend of mine. Should fit the bill even not at full volume. Plus it potentially gives me some room to play with a guitars in addition. Either way it will be hard for it to not be worth $60 no matter what I’d assume.

4 Likes

if it were near where I leave, I’d buy it.

3 Likes

Yeah, a quick google search shows that amp gets pretty good ratings. As long as you plug it in and test it, makes sure the speaker’s not blown, or controls aren’t working, it sounds like a deal!

3 Likes

I neither need nor want an amp, but assuming the amp was not fried and the speaker not blown, even I would buy that for $60.

Buzzing cab might just mean loose screws.

2 Likes

Yeah doing my own research I wonder if its potentially the horn as well which you can turn off. Who knows? I guess I’ll find out later tonight. I let you all know how it goes.

1 Like

@ChrisThomason Yeah that’s a great deal. Too good of a deal. I would go into it with a healthy dose of suspicion.

1 Like

So I’m happy to report the transaction was completed and I didn’t get stabbed! I brought my drummer friend along with me as its always good to have a second person with you for any social media transaction IMO. Especially when its in someones house, plus an extra set of ears was helpful. The guy ran through the amp for me and had the master up to 3 o’clock at one point and I couldn’t hear any obvious issues with the amp. It was so loud at that level that lots of stuff was shaking in the room so no way to verify the buzz that was spoken of. My friend verified at which point that was plenty loud to play with him certainly. I didn’t get a chance to cut loose with it when I got home however, as the boy was already asleep. Hoping to carve out some time this weekend to rock it!

Yeah the moment I saw the listing I felt the same way. I figured I didn’t have anything to lose other than an hour or so of my time and a little gas money. My constant scouring of social media marketplaces these past few months finally paid off!

3 Likes

Sounds like a killer deal.

2 Likes

Wow. Was that 90% off? That was a great deal. :+1:

2 Likes

Well it is the last gen version and I don’t know the differences between it and the current gen but ya GC lists the current gen for $639.00. So who knows for sure. All I know is I was rattling my house just now with everything at 12 o’clock (including gain) and the master at 2 o’clock and it sounded super smooth.

4 Likes

Great buy. I love the G-K sound.

1 Like

Yeah, killer deal for sure, and glad it worked out!! Sometimes someone’s just looking to sell something quick with no hassle, or they’re moving, and they don’t want to leave home, or deal with endless hagglers and headaches. Enjoy that amp - no matter what you do with it, it’s a win!

3 Likes

I’ve played GK for years. I’d jump on it. Even if you have to do repairs to it, your still money ahead IMHO.