Good music store/bass store in San Diego?

I’ll be in San Diego towards the end of the month and might have a Sunday afternoon to kill. Golf is always an option, but testing some basses could be a great alternative provided there is a decent store I can visit.

Any recommendations? And rather not too far away from the gaslamp/convention center/downtown area :smile:

Thanks!

4 Likes

Mark’s Guitar Exchange looks interesting. I wish you good hunting, @joergkutter.

3 Likes

Thanks! It seems, however, they don’t carry basses at all… :cry:

3 Likes

@joergkutter , Golf is always a good option, Torrey Pines if you’re in San Diego :smiley:
i have just finished 4 days as a marshal at the Vic Open held at 13th beach in Barwon Heads Victoria
cheers Brian

3 Likes

Mexican food. You must get Mexican food. Preferably at a hole-in-the-wall taqueria.

Or if you’re in the mood for more european stuff (or beer), Karl Strauss.

Man. It’s been too long since I have been to SD. Used to love it.

4 Likes

Hmm, I read a post where someone said they bought two basses there.

3 Likes

Yep, was lucky to play there before… friends in SD used to get us in on the citizen rate, but that is not so easy any more. Also played on the municipal course on Coronado and a few times a bit further outside of SD.

Cool! The son of a good friend just arrived in Melbourne to study there for a semester… I am sure that kid will hit some of the courses in Victoria while there :smile:

Is planned, but it is also a crazy short trip. I will arrive late on Friday, teach on Saturday, have most of Sunday off, might have to do some work on Monday morning and then already heading back to the airport to fly back to Europe. Will likely spend more time on planes and in airports than in SD :scream:

5 Likes

If he wants to have a hit at my golf course I’d be happy to take him for a round @joergkutter ,
Let me know,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Sounds awesome, Brian! I’ll let him settle in first… he literally just stepped off the plane :wink:

3 Likes

Let me know @joergkutter ,
Happy to extend a welcome,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes