Gregg Allman Floating Bridge

Hello
I am at the roots/5th part of the lessons and I feel like this song should be easy to figure out, but I’m truly struggling. Can anyone offer advice as to the notes? I searched for a bass tab, but only found a guitar chord progression. I thought that I could figure it out from that, but it doesn’t sound right.
Thank you!
Tori

2 Likes

Welcome, @MamaT. Glad you’re here. Pop over to the Introduce Yourself thread so the B2B gang can welcome you to the family!

1 Like

@MamaT Let me know what module and lesson that’s from and I’ll see if I can help?

2 Likes

Thanks, its not on of Josh’s lessons. Just a song I found that I really like and when we did the roots/5th session (module 11 or 12?) I thought “aha” I can figure out this song, but I was mistaken :slight_smile:

It’s “Floating Bridge” by Gregg Allman. The bass is easy to hear and seems easy but I’m stumped

1 Like

Oh, okay. I read the post and didn’t even look at the title. My bad.

I did a quick search for bass tabs for Floating Bridge and didn’t find anything.

In Module 16, Josh gets into transcribing your own bass lines using an application called Transcribe! (the “!” is part of the name).

that’s amazing! thanks, I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Took a quick look at the song. Here’s a few of the main licks to get you started. I think you can figure out the rest by ear :heart:
edit: top line is G string as per standard tab

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m excited to try it, much appreciated :grinning:

1 Like