Gretch G2220 upgrade

There was an individual on here that upgraded his Gretch G2220 bass earlier this year. He upgraded the bridge with a high mass version. Im doing the same however the 5 bolt HM bridge i got doesnt have the exactly same screw pattern and I’m trying to find out which one I need to get that will match as I dont want to have to drill new holes. Does anyone know which one I need to get?

I understand the Fender Hi Mass Bridge IV Brass is a direct replacement not needing to drill new holes ?

1 Like

Looks like Gotoh fits…

But everything I read says there is no need.
What are you thinking you will get by upgrading?
Just curious for my own knowledge and interest.

2 Likes

I got the Hipshot Kickass 5 hole and it works perfect.

Rich

3 Likes

I also changed the tuners to Hipshot models.

Rich

3 Likes

What pickups do you have installed?

Rich

Your upgrades have turned a great bass into an awesome bass.

2 Likes

Thank you,
I’ve installed Hipshot tuners, Hipshot high mass bridge, tape wound strings, lined the cavity with copper tape, rewired it so i have separate volume controls for the bridge and neck pickups with seperate tone control, replaced the jack with a multi contact pure tone and all the pots are 250k CTS versions. All new wiring and replaced the three way switch with a 250k pot to serve as the tone control. Going to hold off on the pickups for now. May look into a bone nut down the road but it sounds great so far

Rich

2 Likes

I would think it plays really great. And the things you have done only enhanced it’s playability. Good job!

2 Likes

That was a pic from the interweb.
Just helping out, I don’t have this bass. Not my gig.

1 Like

Ok, they sort of look like tv jones pickups, pretty expensive pickups.

1 Like

@Rvinny Great job, Rich.

2 Likes