Guild Starfire I

Haha…he is a great guy

He actually gave me an honest opinion and delayed a sale today for one that will take place next week. He is a really good guy. I was in a buying mood today and he did not take advantage of it.

1 Like

Hey @EddieJones, you might consider asking Andy if he’ll match this Thomann price. Couldn’t hurt to see what he says.

1 Like

There’s a list of manufacturers Thomann won’t deliver to the US. Guild is one of them.

2 Likes

Damn. Didn’t know that.

Looks like $575 is a good deal, @EddieJones. They’re going for $649 pretty much everywhere now.

2 Likes

$575.00 shipped

2 Likes

Does that include sales tax? Or does that not apply to Georgia?

Sweetwater charges Texas sales tax, which is why I default to Pitbull Audio or SoundPure, if they have what I’m looking for.

I’m in Alabama. All inclusive

2 Likes

Ah, Alabama. I was thinking you were in Atlanta.

Man, $575, all in, is a great deal.

1 Like

Andy said in the 55 point inspection they will set it to Guild specs. They are also going to set it up with LaBella tapes for me for just a bit more. He said it will be ready to go out of the box

3 Likes

That’s a nice advantage, actually. A pro setup can’t hurt.

2 Likes

I do have to pay for that separately along with the strings

The tapes from LaBella are great, I have them on a MIJ hollow body Fender with a P / piezo combo pickup and preamp. You are going to really dig them.

The other option are D’Addario tapes that are also amazing but sound very different, a bit brighter and different tone but killer.

I can’t wait. LowEndLobster rated the Starfire I as the best bass of 2021. I know he can be silly but it sounded great when he played it. I think it along with the tapes will sound great in a 12 bar blues setting.

1 Like

I agree. The Guild sounded great when Lobster demo’ed it.

1 Like

I knew I had a video with those tapes and that bass @EddieJones

https://youtu.be/bJU5rmIhIe0

1 Like

Awesome tone

2 Likes

Nice!

When I was looking at hollow bodies, the Starfire was my second favorite and it was close; and it lost only because the Gretsch was so good, not for any deficiency of its own. The Starfires look and sound awesome to me, would love to try one.

@EddieJones - very interesting (and timely) post about this Guild Starfire I. There is a guy not far from me with one on FB Mktplc and I have been thinking about getting it. He is asking $595.

I have been wanting a hollow body for quite a while. Not sure why tonally, I guess just because I want one. Now, after the “7 Basses You Should NEVER Buy” video 7 Basses You Should NEVER Buy - YouTube I have been trying to say no to myself (and Gas Guy!). LoL

Call Andy at Sweetwater. Brand new one at only $575 with free shipping…aside from the scratched one Pitbull Audio has, this is the best price out there. He will have new stock next week.

1 Like