Guild Starfire I

Great price on this bass. I do not have a shorty, a hollow or a Pbass. This hits all those points. Anyone have any experience with this little jewel?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SFIBassCh--guild-starfire-i-bass-guitar-cherry

1 Like

That’s funny, I saw one today for sale used here in France, 450€. I like Guild and this one looks cool.

2 Likes

Pretty sure @John_E has played one

1 Like

No experience, but I heard a lot of good reviews from other players. Looks cool too!

1 Like

I need another bass like I need a hole in the head but I may bite the bullet. It looks great and I checked all the reviews and they have been stellar. Much better than the Rumblekat and Jack Casady from Epiphone. (and those reviews weren’t bad…really just a lot of complaints about the three point bridge on the Epi’s)

1 Like

what a surprise :joy:

3 Likes

Both got generally good reviews but almost everyone replaced the bridge as soon as they got them.

Make an offer on this. Looks mint. $475 and ask for free shipping.

All they can say is no. It’s free to go fishing.

https://reverb.com/item/64290743-guild-starfire-i-semi-hollow-body-4-string-bass-rosewood-fretboard-cherry-red

1 Like

I just offered $379.00…we will see

You probably won’t even get a reply at that price :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I figured it. But maybe they will show me the lowest they will go. They may say, "Well, we can’t do $379.00 but we can do $4XX.00…we will see.

That seller did 137k sales and almost has 86k 5 star reviews :flushed:

That is a lot of satisfactory sales!

2 Likes

@EddieJones That’s Pitbull Audio. They’re a very legit store in California, and one of the few authorized Mayones dealers in America.

I’ve bought gear from them, and tried haggling on price, but no dice. They stuck to their guns.

1 Like

I’ve bought from them in the past. I know they are a good company.

1 Like

I tried the “II” not the “I”, opted for Gretsch.
P pickups are an interesting twist and this looks cool.

3 Likes

My Sweetwater rep can sell me a new one with no scratches or dings for $575.00 but is sold out until next Wednesday or Thursday. Andy is going to notify me when they get in. I may go this way even at $100.00 more to get the benefit of no scratches and the 55 point inspection. I know Pitbull is a good source, I am just more comfortable with Andy at Sweetwater handling my business.

1 Like

You can also return it if it doesn’t ring your bell.

1 Like

I just gotta wait. I am also going to get them to set it up and put some LaBella Tapes on it. I talked with Andy. I had 4 to talk about. The Epi Jack Casady, Rumblekat, Schecter Corsair and the Guild Starfire I. He has played all but the Schecter. He said the Guild was the best of what he has played by far and it sounds great with flats and tapes. I have to respect a guy that tells me to wait for the better one when he knows he could have talked me into buying one of the Epi’s or the Schecter today. He said the Guild does a beautiful thump with LaBella tapes that the others cannot touch.

2 Likes

Is this your Sweetwater rep?

2 Likes

That’s great, @EddieJones. Congrats!

I switched to Andy recently. Good guy.

1 Like