Guitar Build

Mentioned to a friend who has a ton of gear that my son was taking up the guitar. He had a strat knock off that needed some work that he brought over and said, “I was throwing this away thought your boy might be interested”. My son didn’t like it, he’s got his eye on something else, and the body is alder so I decided to take it on as a project. Replacing the neck with a tele neck I had around the house, replacing the rhythm and lead pickups with P-90s which I’m wiring in the 1 and 3 positions so I can use the tone controls as is. Ordered a new pick guard H-S-H should be here in a couple of weeks and I’ll finish the build. Could be awesome, could be a waste of time…we will see.

9 Likes

Nice!

4 Likes

why are you up at 0400…LOL

4 Likes

Very nice @Tokyo_Rat,
I like the colour :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Awesome colour @Tokyo_Rat
Looks a very cool guitar

2 Likes

this is what I’m starting with…as soon as I’m finished I’ll post up picks…black pickguard, humbucker sized p-90s (bought some years ago and never used them), telecaster style neck. I’ve wanted a tele neck on a strat ever since I saw Bob Mayo playing one on the cover of Frampton Comes Alive…LOL. It’ll be different if nothing else…paid 25 for the neck, 25 for a set of cheap pickups, 10 for pickguard, nothing for the guitar…it should be a pretty slick guitar for $60.

3 Likes

Was still up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had been recording all day came home and crashed before 2000. Come 0200 and I was wide awake, got a new pedal and have managed to soak everything in it I don’t know if any of it will be usable…LOL

4 Likes

Pick guard came today…ill be doing some cutting to make room for the 22 fret neck but I like the color against the body

6 Likes

Pick guard is wired…few more holes to drill

4 Likes