Guitar cable what should I use and is wireless worth looking at

As per heading looking at options…

2 Likes

you can use any decent 6.35mm male jack instrument cable (shielded), those things are not specific to bass guitar.

1 Like

Hey, @kiwiliveshere

Here is a link describing wireless options which you might find interesting:

I personally use and recommend “Pro Co Excellines” brand of instrument cables available from different vendors such as Sweetwater. They are very high quality and come in several different lengths.

HTH and all best, Joe . . . :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use literally the cheapest shielded cables I could find on Amazon. Sound fine.

1 Like

I use the same bunch of ProCo Guardian cables since at least 15 years. expensive but really high quality, despite the fact I had to repair the solders a few times.

1 Like

Thanks all

1 Like

I got this ten foot cable from Amazon. It’s high quality, and the extra length liberates me from having to stand right next to the amp. I’ve considered a wireless one, but since I don’t play on stage, I think the ten foot cable is adequate.

2 Likes

Thankyou…i think i will wait and see on wireless and note your comment 're locale to amp…all h e lpful to newby

1 Like

I use Monster Prolink for most all of my guitars and bass’s. I do sometimes plug into my SHURE PG4 wireless at times - especially when I’m laying sound tracks and have cables all over the place and all I wanna do is just take a break and jam a bit out of an open amp.

One thing about wireless that I’ve noticed is that you do need to keep plenty of 9 volt batteries on hand! That wireless device drains batteries like my grandsons drain my beer fridge!

1 Like

Cheers mate
At this early stage I have decided to stay plug and play…appreciate your comments

4 Likes