Guitar Center shut down

Yeah, $2,400 landed in my checking account this morning, and my first impulse was to jump in the car and head over to Guitar Center, but…

2 Likes

If you want a good experience and not having to put down a lot of cash upfront you can check out Zzsounds. They have a different monthly payment plans at no additional cost( at least from experience!).

It’s how I originally bought my FleaBass Model 32.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

@zPipboy thanks for the info. I guess that might be an option for those people who like to buy things on credit and pay for it in monthly payments.

2 Likes

Been wanting to learn / play bass for years. Got inspired recently and decided to pull the trigger and ordered mine from GC’s website on Thursday, 4/9/2020 as it said the bass and amp were in stock and available. 4/22/2020…got my amp (Fender Rumble 40 - thanks Josh for the review, helped me make the decision!!), but NO guitar until late May. :frowning:

Hope I am not making a mistake but I found an Ibanez (GSR200 is what the guy says it is) on FB Mktplace and I am going to pick it up today as I cannot wait and ready to start Beginner to Badass. Wish me luck and stay safe everyone!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard, @JDDaniel . . . :slight_smile:

That Rumble 40 is a good choice to get started.

Wish you good luck with the Ibanez and with the course!

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @JDDaniel.
Unfortunately many musical products are on back order at just about every retailer. I recently bought an Ibanez 5 string fretless from GC and luckily I snagged the last one they had in stock and received it in only a few days.
Good choice on the Rumble 40. That was my first amp also and I now have the Rumble 100.

4 Likes

I somehow during this quarantine developed the desire to play bass, pretty much out of the blue. Getting equipment was super hard! eBay turned out to be the best way to get things reasonably quickly (even new things). As of today, I have everything, but it took a while.

3 Likes

I just got an email tonight that my local GC is starting contactless curbside pickup between 12-7pm. Well, at least it’s a start.

2 Likes

Mine has already started that. I picked up an order last week and am picking up another one Thursday. It’s pretty slick the way they do it, you just push a button on the email notification on your cell phone, pop your trunk, and someone comes out and puts your stuff in the trunk.

2 Likes

Sounds good but I’m GASed out for this month.

2 Likes

I hear ya, I’ve spent a bundle during the Lockdown. New fretless bass, a Zoom U-44 DAI, SR-16 Drum Machine…

The one I picked up last week was a RCA stereo cable for the DAI setup, and Thursday a book of Eagles’ songs. Both small purchases.
It’s almost a blessing that I can’t go in the store with all those goodies all around me.

2 Likes

Which one?

I have another one of the Hal Leonard books with 8 really good Classic Rock songs. I like his books because they have actual music notation instead of just tab (which I refuse to play).

1 Like

I’ll check it out.
Thanks Pam!

@JoshFossgreen for POTUS

4 Likes