Guitar Center shut down

I’ve been enduring the Corona Virus thing, but this is too much for me to take. Guitar Center has shut their doors until the end of April (sobbing)

4 Likes

I just checked and all the ones near me are closed. Is it all of them? I couldn’t find anything definitive.

All the stores in my area are closed. Not sure if it’s nationwide.

1 Like

I think Sweetwater is still open online.

1 Like

Guitar Center is open online also. But there’s no substitute for browsing through the store looking at all the stuff :heart:

3 Likes

Five stores in my immediate area (NYC tri-state) are all closed.

2 Likes

My store in Virginia Beach is also closed as of 3-27-20

1 Like

GC is taking orders online. I ordered an acoustic guitar and got it in 3 days.

2 Likes

It appears Sweetwater and Guitar Center are still taking on line order, although selections seem limited. Would anyone recommend either store? Looking at a new Bass once they become available, TRBX 605.
Thanks
Bob

1 Like

I’ve had good luck and fast service dealing on line with Sweetwater so far, @461 . . . :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Jazzbass19
I have never bought anything from Sweetwater, even though I have shopped them along with Guitar Center whenever I have GAS. The prices are usually identical, so I always order from GC since they have stores in my area and SweetH20 doesn’t.

2 Likes

That’s a good point, @PamPurrs . . . it’s easier to make returns, trade-ins, etc. if you can go to a brick-and-morter store :+1: I went to GC to upgrade my Rumble that way.

Can’t wait until everything opens up again! :grin:

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

The day all the stores reopen after this will resemble Black Friday :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Great point @PamPurrs about having a brick & mortar store just in case a return has to be made. GC is 2 hours away but its do-able.

2 Likes

I just went through this scenario but I posted on another thread.

1 Like

Sweetwater has much better customer service that GC imo. Not that I’ve ever had major issues with GC, but good service is good service. Plus you get a bag of goodies with every purchase.

4 Likes

Excellent choice, I love my TRBX604 :slight_smile:

What color you going for?

1 Like

@howard I like the Dark Red Burst, that’s my first choice. But the Translucent Black looks really nice also. I’ve seen and played the Black one in a store a couple weeks back and it looked good and I liked the feel, but I’ve always been a fan of the reds.

1 Like

Mine’s dark red burst and I absolutely love the color. That said - that black looks amazing too, very subtle bluegrey/black translucence.

1 Like

I know, how are we supposed to spend this stimulus money if we can’t go slobber on new gear?

Next stimulus package - a new bass to every home!

8 Likes