Guitar-Pro - Tabs

Someone here has experience with Guitar-Pro software or some other alternative?

I realized Tabs are mostly wrong.

Where do you get your Tabs???

Tks

1 Like

Hi fabiogrmelo,
I occasionally use TuxGuitar to jot down ideas. I’ve never used Guitar Pro but this is supposed to be a free alternative. Nowadays I get my tabs from actual books, normally those from Cherry Lane and Hal Leonard. I buy used books from Amazon or Half Price Books whenever possible. I was using Bigbasstabs.com but like you, I’ve noticed that tabs found online are mostly wrong.

1 Like

I get tabs from Songsterr. I’ve found them to be a lot more accurate and they have rhythm in them too if you play along with the tabs in the app or website. The paid version lets you change the playback speed, which is great for learning a song. Free version is fine though. I wish they had the matching sheet music, but it’s only tab.

3 Likes

I really wish there were better free online sheet music resources, but if there are I have not found them.

3 Likes

I’ve used Songsterr as well and tweak the tabs using TuxGuitar.

3 Likes

Does anyone know how to view or edit Songsterr tabs so that the phrases of the song line up with the left and right edges of the page? In other words, I want to see 4 (or 6 or 8, depending on the song) measures per line and then a line break. The default layout makes it a hundred times harder to see the song structure, because it just tries to cram as many measures as it can into the window, and nothing lines up with anything.

I haven’t found a way to do this on the Songsterr web viewer or in TuxGuitar.

1 Like

I’ve been using Songsterr a bit lately. I paid the $7AUS for the pro version on Android phone. If you go for tablet version it looked like a monthly subscription. It’s great being able to change the speed and loop sections (can’t remember if free version allows looping).

I also bought Guitar Pro on PC with the idea of creating my own tabs, but I rarely use it.

1 Like

I use songsterr also but I try to check multiple sources then compare and play and change them if I need to. I use tux guitar to log the changes or if I improvise something I wanna remember . YouTube also has good play thruoughs with tabs and some have links in the description for a YouTube study tool version this is one for AC/DC Shot in the Dark.

The bottom line for me … if it doesn’t sound right I trust my ear and find something that works better. Some people simplify bass lines to songs while others add to them. It really comes down to does it fit and does it sound good?

2 Likes