Guitar stand preference

What is your guitar stand preference? I’m using Ultimate brand.

2 Likes

I have a Hercules autogrip which looks a lot like yours. I love it and will never use anything else for my active use stand that’s for sure.

2 Likes

I have one like that, but I just bought a Pro-line at GC for $19 on sale. It’s not a hanger, but sits on the floor and it just cradles the body. I found I really like it, since I can just sit the instrument down on it.

Certainly, won’t keep a clumsy passerby from knocking it over, but in my house it suffices-- and I really like how easy it is to sit the instrument on it without having to “dock” with the retainer.

No complaints with my old one, which is like the one you have shown, I just really like my new one, and it’s cheaper.

2 Likes

That looks great as well!

1 Like

I might give one of those a whirl to take with me when I go to a friends house.

1 Like

I use the Hercules GS402BB - Mini Bass guitar stand.

Cheap, solid, fits in my gig bag and it just works.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GS402BB--hercules-stands-gs402bb-mini-electric-guitar-stand

3 Likes

Have both love both the Ultimate stands and Hercules.

I like this Hucules

6 Likes

Nice space saver. You could put them on a lazy susan and make a bass carousel. But what really caught my eye is the bass in the background. It’s against the wall, touching the window a/c. What are those black egg shaped holes surrounding the pickup? I tried zoom and enhance but still can’t figure it out.

2 Likes

I use a Starfish stand. 5 legs, secure lock, solid as a rock.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what @Reasonably_Happy was saying too. It’s on my todo list.

2 Likes

Those are very likely exhausts to keep the bass from overheating - have you seen @Al1885 playing??! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They are Trypophobia Triggers for when Al hates his audience

6 Likes

Sorry I missed that. They are tuners. It’s a headless bass.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Okay that’s actually really neat from an engineering perspective.

1 Like

Those could work well for a Dingwall Combustion :grin:

1 Like

I was half expecting something to leap out while I was zoomed in.

2 Likes

Thank you, I spend a good 10 minutes staring at that…

That’s pretty neat never seen those before.

2 Likes

Same here.
But we both looked at the wrong end of the bass. As soon as you know it’s headless, you can’t unsee the mechansim for tuning :slight_smile:

It was a very good roddle though!

2 Likes

Yeah, especially after what happened to players using the Dingwalll Spontaneous Combustion ^^

3 Likes