Half-way Point!

Woot! I have passed the half-way point on my first Beginner to Badass run, having just completed lesson 5 of module 8, which puts me at 55/109 lessons. Go me!

Of course, now I face the personally toughest part of the experience… Don’t Stop Believin’.

I effing hate Journey. I just do not like them at all. :frowning:

13 Likes

I understand. There are a great many songs in the B2B course which were originally by artists I can’t stand. Creedence Clearwater, Michael Jackson, a few others that I can’t think of off the top of my head.
I just muddled through and got it done.
Congrats on making it halfway though the course!

2 Likes

shudders

I am also on the anti Creedence bandwagon. That dude’s voice is like… rocks on a cheese grater. I don’t mind the music so much, I just can’t stand the vocals.

2 Likes

Well done @JustTim. I have just finished 100/109. It is brilliant. Have found that things I really struggled with become really simple when you go back to them later. Keep the faith, it is a journey indeed!

6 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

Good job! All downhill from there!

2 Likes

That’s exactly how I feel about Bruce Springsteen! Fortunately I haven’t had to learn any of his songs in the B2B course…yet.

Keep up the good work @JustTim !

3 Likes

I get that on Journey. We used to call them Corporate Rock back in the day. Gotta tough it out.

1 Like

LoL! :joy: :rofl: :joy: I feel this.

2 Likes

Most of us doing the 50 song challenge have run into this. I looked at it from a different angle. That song you don’t like is just like the vegetable you also dislike.

However we all know you veggies are good for you. So do like mummy said ‘eat your vegetables and you’ll grow up stronger’

TL;DR - eat your goddam vegetables :grin:

5 Likes

I’m with ya, man. I’m on my 2nd trip though & had to deal with RHCP Under the Bridge. I hate that song. But it’s an exercise that will pay off at some point. As @Barney said, eat your vegetables :grin:

3 Likes