Happy Birthday To Me

My “Bassaversity” just so happens to be (only 2 days from) my birthday. Last year for my birthday my wife Connie got me my first bass, amp, and b2b lessons - all two day before my birthday… Very Cool because I had made mention of my desire to learn bass several months prior.

This year I have mentioned several things,… double bass; custom .45 cal 1911; electric upright bass (EUB); Barrett .50 Cal Precision; flagpole for the front yard…

Guess what I got?..

She was at the store today and texted me and said that the UPS driver was suppose to deliver it and she said that I would know what it was when it was delivered…

I texted back and said… “YES!! A new bass,… or maybe a new gun… or possibly a blow up sex doll!”… (being my smart ass self)

What shows up is a new (very nice) commercial grade flag pole for our front yard… I love it!!!

Then Connie decides to give me a card with it and a note that says…

“ You’ve got bass’s a plenty and weapons amass, as for sticking it to something, how ‘bout this up yer ass!!”

God, I DO love my wife!!

21 Likes

Love it Bill,
Happy birthday / bassday😂
Best wishes.
Brian

4 Likes

I love her dark sense of humor. She and I would get on just grand!

Happy birthday and bassiversary all in one @Lanny. And as always, welcome home.

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
Happy birthday @Lanny
The idea list was cool. 1911 or a Barrett would be fun :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I was hoping it was the blow up sex doll. You could feature her in your next video.
Happy Birthday @Lanny! :blush::beers::birthday:

7 Likes

Wonderful!
Happy Birthday and Bassiversary!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday and anniversary @Lanny.
Connie indeed sounds very cool, and very caring of you.
Have a good one.
Mark

6 Likes

Have plenty 1911’s, @mac… A Springfield just because that was what I was issued to carry when I was in the Navy; a Colt because hey, it’s a Colt; a Ruger because you can use it as a hammer and the damn thing just keeps shooting; a Kimber because that’s the one I like to carry with me every day. What I would like in that line next would be a Custom Ed Brown…

As for a Barrett… YEA… The .50 cal precision would be a cool toy but the price is about 3x more than the precision I have chambered in .308… Actually, my wife bought me that one two years ago for Christmas…

6 Likes

WOW! @Lanny
My experience was limited to .22 up to .308 professionally . Loved every minute of it but times and employment changed which has left me without firearms for the first time since I was 17 !

5 Likes

I just might do that @JerryP!.. Actually, I have some lyrics written for a goofy song that me and my Navy buddy wrote when we were a bit on the south side of normal one night called “Lost Loves”…

Here’s one of the verses… and chorus… we still play the entire song after we get a little loose at times… Both our wives just shake their heads…

“Made a date with cross-eyed Kate and took her to a movie…
Asked her how she liked the show, she said they BOTH were groovy!..”
“With shirt tail flyin’, I left her cryin’, singin’ hi-de-hi-de-hi-diddle-doe and I’m on the road again!”…

8 Likes

Yup @Mark_UK she is… 45 years together and we still like to hold hands…

7 Likes

@Lanny So true! I have three Rugers and they are all very reliable and very accurate. My LCR (357/38 snubbie) is my everyday concealed carry piece, the LC9 (9mm with 17 round mags) is my open carry piece when I so choose (I have a CCR), and my main household protection cannon is the awesome GP100 (357 stainless with 4" barrel) . I love taking all three of those babies to the range.

8 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

Suggest we’re all polite to @PamPurrs at all times :+1:

6 Likes

I could just see it now… you and your buddy on each end and her in the middle while you play. :rofl:

5 Likes

That card from your wife, priceless.
Happy Bassaversiday!

6 Likes

Lanny I nearly wet myself, love Connies humour.
Happy Birthday & Happy Bassday
I was shot with a Lee Enfield 303 nice clean through and through.
Lanny you keep on thumpin
Jamie

5 Likes

Do they hunt bass players in your neck of the woods then?
Maybe I’m just a softie southerner? :grin:

6 Likes

At least it was a though and through

5 Likes

Law enforcement Mark, Africa in the 70’s
No Bass Baggers allowed :rofl: :guitar:
Jamie

7 Likes