Happy Birthday to my Sara

I wasn’t sure where to post this, so it landed here in the Lounge.

Yesterday (August 15, 2020) was supposed to be my spouse Sara’s 55th birthday bash. I had planned this for nearly a year, with a hall and a band. I had planned to get up with the band at some point and play Happy Birthday to Sara on my bass, with the band behind me.
Covid 19 killed the party.
So, I did the next best thing.

That’s my Ibanez fretless that I play in the first segment, and I made the last minute decision to use a pick. @terb will be happy about that :smile_cat:
Here’s the video. Not meant to impress anyone, just for fun and love.

21 Likes

That was beautiful! Happy birthday to Sara!

5 Likes

Fantastic Pam,
Regardless of how you thought you played I reckon Sara would appreciated it immensely.
Congrats

5 Likes

Wonderful! Happy Birthday Sara!

5 Likes

awwwww

hbd

5 Likes

It’s a very endearing video! Happy birthday to your Sara! And congratulations for your good vibes

5 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses:
Happy birthday Sara :birthday:

4 Likes

Nice! :+1:

Happy Birthday Sara!

4 Likes

That was sweet Pam, very nice!

4 Likes

Awesome, great job, and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Sara!!! :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

2 Likes

Great job Pam, :+1::sunglasses:
Happy birthday Sara​:champagne::cupcake::cake::clinking_glasses::birthday::gift::tada::confetti_ball:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

I must admit that the first time I watched this, it cut out after the first song on the 5 string. My computer needed a re-start. This iMac has been working great after patching Catalins OS on it, the only thing is that I have problems playing imbedded YT videos when my computer has been on for more then a day with the browser open with the many multitude of tabs I have open in the browser at all times.

So, I re-started the computer and watched the whole thing.
@PamPurrs
That was fantastic, from the production value, the content, the presentation, the comedy, the wardrobe, everything, almost perfect. I think you needed a fog machine to give the illusion to being in a smokey night club when you broke out the stand up. That and dim lights would have been the only suggested additions, otherwise, that was classic.

My X-wife, the mother of my three daughters is a sign language interrupter for Edison High School here in Huntington Beach. She started taking sign language in community college in her late 20’s, after deciding to go back to school when she wanted a career change. she was a Vet Tech, and after a few perfect years, the owners sold the clinic she worked at to scientologists. That did not go to well, and she was out of there soon after. She found another place, and after a few great months there, the office manager returned from about 6 month maternity leave, and she gave my x-wife help and screwed her over on a cat bite. My x-wife didn’t want to do work comp, she just wanted them to cover the medical bills. The office manager made her fill out work comp forms. The owners, who lived in Northern California came down and found out about the Work Comp claim and were mad at my X-wife for filing it. She told them the office manager made her do it, and the office manager that had worked there for over 6 years, told them that my X-wife was lying, and she quit on the spot.
So, back in community college, she was taking some experimental courses just to get back into school mode, and she took a sign language course because she had a deaf cousin, and could only partially communicate with him. Thru the classes, she got into a study group, and one of the other ladies in the group was a long time interpreter working at Huntington Beach High school in, yes, Huntington Beach, CA. She was taking the class for recertification, and she offered my wife a part time position, which was like 3 hours a week, but she took it for experience. it blossomed to a 29 hour a week (part time / no benefits) job within a year and a half.
Then right before we split, 11 years ago, she applied for and got the 34 hour a week, full time position, and has had it ever since.
When I used to hang out with her cousin, he liked riding in my car because I blasted loud music and he could Feel it and rock out with me. Throughout the 18 years my X-wife and I were together, I hung out with him a lot, sometime more then I wanted to, but I have an appreciation for what it is like to live with a deaf person, and the trials and tribulations they go thru in daily life and overall. I have gotten him work at several places that I have worked at over the years. When we moved to Phoenix, he and his girlfriend / wife moved out there too, and I got him a job where he worked directly for me. I have lived and worked closely with a deaf person to know the challenges they face, and, although, I could never actually KNOW what it is like to be deaf, I have seen what it is like, and it is still very hard for me to imagine what it would actually be like to be deaf.
This was an amazing way for you to share your music with Sara on her birthday, and it was a wonderful way for you to share your amazing life together with the rest of us. Thank you for that.

6 Likes

Great Job Pam! Happy Birthday Sara

5 Likes

Indeed Covid killed everything, is almost the end of the summer and I missed those days when children back to school after a vacation, I know I’m replying to this post late but happy belated birthday.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday to sara this august coming!

4 Likes

Happy super belayed birthday to Sara!

4 Likes