Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone. Wish you all the best of health and all the front teeth, lol

8 Likes

Happy Easter to everyone.

5 Likes

Ah, I love Easter, the Czech version …

Tomorrow is one of those weird days in my country. I am traveling to my parents’ house, behind the city, as every year, to wake up early in the morning, take my childhood friends (in their 30s with their kids), a willow branch whip, and go around the village whipping ladies of all ages until we got absolutely wasted from the shots we got as a treat from the whipped ladies. Around noon … well at that time the oldest of the present kids will take out his/her cellphone and call the nearest mom “Hello aunt/mom, dads are out of order, we are near the square. Yeah, we will wait.” … after a while, several moms will appear, and instead of berating us for being absolutely unreliable adult figures, they will share a bottle of hot tea with a drop of rum with each other, chat for a while, while dads fight with a bunch of kids who know that they can do anything at that moment because moms are absolutely blown away by couple newborns that are not yet sturdy enough to be left with their fathers and as such arrived later, and their dads biggest fight at the moment is … with gravity. After a while everything moms had to gossip about is said and it’s time to go home, you will probably hear something along these lines echoing in the distance "Jani, help dad with the treat basket, we don’t want him to smash it while he will be falling on his face. … Ah, remnants of central European paganism at its finest.

10 Likes

Happy easter everyone! Get ready for a week of everyone near you having nasty ass gas. I’m just saying, that’s a lot of eggs…

4 Likes

We just came back from Las Vegas so I don’t plan for any fancy dinner tonight. We are all feasted out. Trying to beat the SpringBreak crowds with the pre-vacation. No I didn’t win anything. I don’t gamble, just food and shows. We saw O and KA, love it! live music.

Probably doing some small family gathering and quiet dinner tonight.

4 Likes

Alrighty, then.

Sounds a lot more exciting than hunting for eggs hidden by an imaginary rabbit!

6 Likes

One of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life.

5 Likes

Agree, 1st time I saw it, not til about halfway through that I realized it was live music, in the blue light room in the balcony. Ever since then every show I see I look for the music. Best music has to be the Love (Beatles, although not live music) and Varekai.

4 Likes

Buona Pasqua everyone!

It’s the only holiday I know to how to say in Italian, so I say it at every holiday when with the family. At least today it is accurate!

6 Likes

Happy Birthday Jesus!

6 Likes

Mmmmm…. That’s Christmas (sorta).
Easter is when he comes back from the dead.

6 Likes

Risen from dead = Born again

To some folks.

5 Likes

I had a lot of people say to me “He is risen” this weekend. No? That already happened, it doesn’t happen every time you celebrate Easter :eyes:

I’m in a cheeky mood tonight :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Belated happy easter everyone

6 Likes

Happy Easter!

4 Likes

Yeah. How do we get to these subjects that can so easily devolve into shouting matches and silent recrimination? Good on everybody here for keeping it clean.

6 Likes

Happy Easter Everybody!

3 Likes