Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

When I was living in Tennessee (96-98), some of my friends from university were working in Maryland, and so we’d use the long Thanksgiving weekend to see each other, either by them coming down to Knoxville, or me driving to the outskirts of DC. A turkey was optional back then :wink:

Since returning to Europe, we have kept this tradition alive (I am in Denmark now, they live in Switzerland) and while it doesn’t alway coincide with the actual Thanksgiving weekend, this year it does, and I will head to Switzerland on Saturday for a bacon-wrapped turkey and lots of stuffings, and just generally having a great time.

9 Likes

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your buds, @joergkutter.

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving, folks!

6 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving all!

6 Likes

Our Turkeyless dinner: wagyu sukiyaki. Mmmmmmm.

350g of really nice wagyu for about $15, not bad :slight_smile:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving!
Portobello mushrooms stuffed with quinoa, lentils, and cashews, topped with an X-Men tomato

7 Likes

Ooh, those look good.

3 Likes

that sounds fantastic…

4 Likes

WARNING: graphic image below (for all you vegans/vegetarians):

On its way into the oven :grin:

7 Likes

I dig the X Man Tomato.

@joergkutter - how’d it go with the bacon turkey??

5 Likes

We can’t have it on the exact day of Thanksgiving (most people in Europe work on that day :wink:). So, this will go down tomorrow (Sat). The pic was from three years ago, but I assume it will look the same tomorrow when it’s about to go into the oven for a few hours :grin:

7 Likes

Thanks, @StartedAt48, this video by Rich Brown is indeed excellent. Besides the elegant simplicity of his content, I am particularly pleased by the respectful way in which Mr. Brown addresses the beginning bassist and how he welcomes the “beginner’s mindset” – promoting what makes the most musical sense while reserving more advanced theoretical concepts for other lessons. Good find! (You could sign me “StartedAt67”…)

3 Likes