Harley Benton do it again!

I can’t believe this is under $200 ! Shame we can’t get them over here though.
I wonder what Rickenbacker will make of it?

4 Likes

Whoa it totally sounds like a Rick.

4 Likes

very interesting !

3 Likes

Yeah, I had been considering it for a while, but the shipping king of kills it.

Looks awesome tho, I wipe a lot of drool off the floor when looking at it.

3 Likes

funny because it’s not the same woods and even not the same scale length !

5 Likes

And different pickups too!

4 Likes

yeah but the pickups placement (relative to scale) is key

5 Likes

It would be nice if this inspired Rickenbacker to address some of the not so good oddities in their design. Like bridge problem (as stated in the video) and problems caused by how the neck is attached. For the money they charge, neither of these problems should exist.

Checked Thomann website. It came to $197 (bass) + $69 (shipping to US) = $266 (+VAT).

3 Likes

Oh that makes me salivate.
I must not, I can’t have another classic bass such as this one get me hooked like the Stingray did. I would end up with a dozen ricks and a dozen rays
That is a fantastic price, it is not much more then one of those kits would have run, especially if you needed to buy any tools to assemble one.
I bet more then one person on this forum ends up with one, or more of those.
The Pre-Ray me would have ordered one already

3 Likes

Come to think of it, doesn’t HB have a Ray copy?
wouldn’t only make sense if it were around $99 however, plus shipping making it $167, which is almost exactly half of what a Sterling Stingray Ray 4 would cost after tax, but if it were the same price as the Rick, its not that much cheaper, so it would make sense to just get another Ray 4, which I will only do when they release more colors, and good ones, there is only one color in the current line up I want that I don’t have, but it is a Ray 24, so its $500

2 Likes

Yeah, they make copies of damn near everything.

3 Likes

Course, I doubt they have the Ray Headstock on them. So it would have to be 1/2 price, otherwise I just go Sterling again.

I would at some point like to actually get a HB, just to see the quality, I am sure they are good, or good snug, most people talk highly of them, so I would like to be able to speak highly of them too.

2 Likes

No they don’t. That’s how they stay out any legal trouble when making their copies.

3 Likes

Yeah, but it is kind of a deal killer for me.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the Harley Benton HB-60 WB is in continuing production? It doesn’t show up on the Thomann site anymore. I haven’t written to them yet to ask.

I have a September trip to Germany and a chance to buy Harley Benton without shipping and can even get a tax refund at the airport. I can’t imagine not bringing something back.

3 Likes

The product page on the Harley Benton website says it’s sold out. Wouldn’t hurt to drop them an email…

3 Likes

Did anyone here get one of these RB-414s? I’m pretty happy being a one-bass guy for now, but man, that looks nice for the price.

2 Likes

I couldn’t find some other products either and it seems they are also updating the site a bit. Thomann also changed the refund policy for countries outside Germany. I had to pay the transport costs for sending a product back. Something similar is happening with my local music shop so not sure if it has something has changed for shipping in the EU . Maybe it’s just coincidence. :slight_smile:

2 Likes