Headphone cable extension

Hi there,
Does anyone have any ideas or recommendation for headphones with a long cord? I have to use an extension cable and it sucks cuz it keeps cutting in/out sometimes. So I want something with an extra long cord. Does such a thing exist?

1 Like

They definitely make them with long cords, but what kind of extension do you have? I got a 10ft one from Amazon, and don’t have any issues at all. If you like your headphones, trying another cable would be the best option.

2 Likes

Tape the extension to the main wire with electrical tape so it doesn’t pull apart. That might be doing the cutting in and out.

Or, could just be the cable, they are def all not created equally.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how long this one is, maybe 6ft, which is plenty long enough. I’ll check out amazon :slight_smile: THanks

1 Like

I bought a 3m headphone cable from eBay and it’s as cool as .

I use Grados headphones (Love my GR325) and have this extension cord. Built like a tank.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/544606-REG/Grado_EXTENSION_Extension_Cable_15.html

3 Likes

That looks good but they don’t ship to canada

1 Like

sad face

1 Like

@Retta75

If you are talking about B&H Photo they ship to Canada.
I have purchased a few lenses and telescope accessories from them.
Their shipping was ultra fast.
Of course this was before Covid so maybe shipping has changed.

1 Like

My Sennheiser 599s have a detachable cord, which is a feature I like a lot. So you can just buy different length cords and attach them. They aren’t particularly cheap though.

3 Likes

Same for my Audio Tecnica Ath-m40x, they came with three cables to choose from one of them is spiral so it extends up to 3m (further than that my audio interface loses traction and falls off of the table).

And when not extended it retracts to a comfortable length…

3 Likes

Same as my $30 ones from Woolworths .
They’re okay for what they are but I would like something a little better

1 Like